rking interest. Mavinga: The company is a partner in Mavinga is Sonangol P&P, with a 60% working interest. The company acquired its license to explore for, develop and produce oil from Block 21 offshore Angola by executing a Risk Services Agreement (Block 21 RSA) with Sociedade Nacional de Combustíveis de Angola—Empresa Pública (Sonangol). The company is the operator of and has a 40% working interest in Block 21. Sonangol P&P is its partner on Block 21 and holds a 60% working interest. The company’s paying interest in Block 21 is 52.5% during the initial exploration period, with Sonangol P&P being obligated to pay the remaining 47.5%. The Block 21 RSA governs the company’s operatorship of Block 21 and forms the basis of its exploration, development and production operations on this block. Block 20 Offshore Angola Greater Orca Lontra Development (GOLD): The GOLD project is in the early stages of the project development life-cycle. The company partners in the GOLD project include BP Exploration Angola (Kwanza Benguela) Limited (BP) and Sonangol P&P, with each partner holding a 30% working interest. Exploration Wells: The company is drilling the Zalophus #1 exploration well on Block 20 offshore Angola. The company acquired its license to explore for, develop and produce oil from Block 20 offshore Angola by executing a production sharing contract (the Block 20 PSC) with Sonangol. The Block 20 PSC governs its 40% working interest in and operatorship of Block 20 offshore Angola and forms the basis of its exploration, development and production operations on Block 20 offshore Angola. Sonangol P&P and BP are the other holders of working interests under the Block 20 PSC. The Block 20 PSC provides for an initial exploration period of five years, which is scheduled to expire on January 1, 2017, and an optional exploration period of an additional three years. Block 9 Offshore Angola The company is the operator of and has a 40% working interest in Block 9. Sonangol P&P is the company’s partner on Block 9 and holds a 60% working interest. The Block 9 RSA governs the company’s operatorship of Block 9 and forms the basis of its exploration, development and production operations on this block. Diaba Block Offshore Gabon Diaman: The company has a 21.25% non-operated working interest in the Diaman discovery. Its partners in the Diaman discovery include Total Gabon, as operator (42.5% working interest), Marathon Petroleum Corporation (21.25% working interest), and the Republic of Gabon (15% working interest). The Diaba Block is approximately 2.2 million acres (9,100 square kilometers) in size or approximately 370 U.S. Gulf of Mexico blocks. The block is 40 to 120 miles (60 to 200 kilometers) offshore in water depths of 300 to 10,500 feet (100 to 3,200 meters) in the central portion of the offshore South Gabon Coastal basin. Licenses As of December 31, 2015, the company’s working interests in Blocks 9, 20 and 21 offshore Angola and the Diaba Block offshore Gabon comprised an aggregate 5,652,687 gross (1,840,581 net) undeveloped acres. Drilling Rigs The company has the Petroserv SSV Catarina drilling rig under contract for use in its offshore Angolan drilling campaign. Environmental Matters and Regulation The company’s operations utilize equipment that emits air pollutants subject to the U.S. Clean Air Act and other pollution control laws. History Cobalt International Energy, Inc. was founded in 2005. The company was incorporated pursuant to the laws of the state of Delaware in 2009.
cobalt international energy (C10:Berlin)
920 Memorial City Way
Houston, TX 77024
The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by Capital IQ, a Standard & Poor's company. Bloomberg.com does not create or control the content.
|No competitor information is available for C10.|
|View Industry Companies|
|Price/Cash Flow||NM||Not Meaningful|
Sponsored Financial Commentaries
To contact COBALT INTERNATIONAL ENERGY, please visit www.cobaltintl.com. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.