facilities include a carbon-in-pulp plant. Ghana – Obuasi: Obuasi, wholly owned by the company, is located in the Ashanti Region of Ghana, approximately 320 kilometers north-west of the capital Accra and approximately 60 kilometers south of Kumasi. Mining operations are primarily underground, to a depth of 1.5 kilometers. Guinea Siguiri, a multiple open-pit oxide gold mine, is the company’s sole operation in the Republic of Guinea. It is located in the district of Siguiri, approximately 520 kilometers north-northeast of Conakry, 25 kilometers northwest of the town of Siguiri and 190 kilometers southeast of the Malian capital Bamako, near the Mali boarder. On surface, Siguiri’s gold processing plant treats approximately 998,000 tonnes per month. The company holds an 85 percent interest in Siguiri and the balance of 15 percent is held by the Government of Guinea. Mali The company has interests in three gold mining operations in Mali, including Sadiola, Yatela, and Morila. It manages two of these operations, Sadiola and Yatela. Mali – Morila: The Morila mine is situated 280 kilometers southeast of Bamako, the capital of Mali. The operation treats low-grade stockpiles while the plant, which incorporates a conventional carbon-in-leach (CIL) process with an upfront gravity section to extract the free gold, has annual throughput capacity of 3.7 million tonnes. Mali – Sadiola: The Sadiola mine is situated in western Mali, approximately 77 kilometers to the south of the regional capital of Kayes and approximately 440 kilometers north-west of the capital city of Bamako. The mine is a joint venture between the company (41 percent) and IAMGOLD (41 percent) and the government of Mali (18 percent). Mali – Yatela: Yatela is 80 percent owned by the Sadiola Exploration Company Limited, a joint venture between the company and IAMGOLD, giving each a 40 percent stake in Yatela. The balance of 20 percent is owned by the state of Mali. Tanzania Tanzania – Geita: The Geita gold mine is located in the Lake Victoria goldfields of the Mwanza region of Tanzania, approximately 120 kilometers from Mwanza and 4 kilometers west of the town of Geita. The Geita gold mine is a multiple open pit operation with underground potential and is serviced by a 5.1 million tonnes per annum CIL processing plant. DRC Kibali: The Kibali Gold Mine is a joint venture between the company (45 percent), Randgold Resources Limited (45 percent) with Société Miniere de Kilo-Moto SA UNISARL, a state-owned gold company owning the balance. Kibali is located in the north-eastern part of the DRC near the international borders with Uganda and Sudan. Australasia Australia Australia – Sunrise Dam: Sunrise Dam, which is wholly-owned, is located 220 kilometers northeast of Kalgoorlie and 55 kilometers south of Laverton in Western Australia. Australia – Tropicana: Tropicana, a joint venture between the company (70% and manager) and Independence Group NL (30%), is located 200 kilometers east of Sunrise Dam and 330 kilometers east-northeast of Kalgoorlie. The Tropicana JV includes approximately 2,863 square kilometers of tenure in the prospective Tropicana belt. The Americas The company has three mining operations – both open pit and deep level mining – in the Americas region. In addition, there is an active greenfields exploration programme underway in Colombia. Argentina Argentina – Cerro Vanguardia: The company has a 92.5 percent interest in Cerro Vanguardia with Fomicruz owning the remaining 7.5 percent. Located to the northwest of Puerto San Julian in the province of Santa Cruz, Cerro Vanguardia consists of multiple small open pits. The orebodies comprise a series of hydrothermal vein deposits containing gold and large quantities of silver, which is mined as a by-product. Ore is processed at the metallurgical plant, which has a capacity of 3,150 tonnes per day and includes a cyanide recovery facility. Brazil Brazil – AngloGold Ashanti Córrego do Sítio Mineração (AGA Mineração): AGA Mineração comprises two operational units, including the Cuiabá and the Córrego do Sítio complexes. The Cuiabá complex includes the Cuiabá
anglogold ashanti-spon adr (AU:New York)
76 Rahima Moosa Street
Phone: 27 11 637 6000
The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global. Bloomberg.com does not create or control the content.
|No competitor information is available for AU.|
|View Industry Companies|
|Price/Cash Flow||--||Not Meaningful|
Sponsored Financial Commentaries
To contact ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI-SPON ADR, please visit www.anglogold.co.za. Company data is provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Please use this form to report any data issues.