Bloomberg Anywhere Remote Login Bloomberg Terminal Demo Request


Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.


Financial Products

Enterprise Products


Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000


Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us

Last ¥4,697 JPY
Change Today -94.00 / -1.96%
Volume 7.1M
8316 On Other Exchanges
New York
As of 1:00 AM 11/30/15 All times are local (Market data is delayed by at least 15 minutes).
text size: T | T
Back to Snapshot
Company Description

Contact Info

1-2, Marunouchi 1-chome


Tokyo, 100-0005


Phone: 81 3 3282 8111

Fax: 81 3 4333 9954

ng, which became the company’s associate in March 2015; and Vietnam Export Import Commercial Joint Stock Bank. Leasing segment SMFL SMFL, a leasing company in Japan, provides various leasing services, including equipment lease, operating lease, leveraged lease and aircraft operating lease. The company has a 60% equity interest in SMFL, while the remaining 40% is held by Sumitomo Corporation, a non-affiliate. In 2012, the bank, SMFL and Sumitomo Corporation acquired the aircraft leasing business of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc, and commenced its operation as SMBC Aviation Capital. In 2013, the integration of the existing aircraft leasing businesses of SMFL and Sumitomo Corporation into SMBC Aviation Capital was completed. The company and Sumitomo Corporation intend to further expand and develop the aircraft leasing business in Asia and other emerging markets. Others In addition, the company’s U.S. subsidiary, SMBC Leasing and Finance, Inc. engages in the leasing business. The company company’s associate, Sumitomo Mitsui Auto Service Company, Limited, engages in the auto leasing business. Securities segment SMBC Nikko Securities As one of the major Japanese securities companies, SMBC Nikko Securities, the company’s wholly owned subsidiary, offers a range of financial products and investment consultation and administrative services to its individual and corporate customers in Japan. For individual customers, SMBC Nikko Securities provides consulting services to meet various asset management needs at 123 branches nationwide as of March 31, 2015, and an online trading tool. For corporate customers, it also offers trading capabilities and financial products, debt and equity underwriting, and M&A advisory services, primarily in Japan. SMBC Nikko Securities, together with its overseas network, SMBC Nikko Securities (Hong Kong) Limited, SMBC Nikko Securities (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., SMBC Nikko Capital Markets Limited, and SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc. (SMBC Nikko Securities America), seeks to provide financial services, such as brokerage services of Japanese stocks and M&A advisory services to clients on a global basis. To strengthen the company’s cross border M&A and other advisory services to Japanese companies, SMBC Nikko Securities, the bank, and Moelis & Company, a global investment bank headquartered in New York, established a business alliance in 2011. SMBC Friend Securities SMBC Friend Securities, the company’s wholly owned subsidiary, is a full-line securities company focusing on retail business. SMBC Friend Securities has a nationwide network that offers services tailored to the needs of its clients and offers online financial consulting services. Business Alliance with Citigroup Inc. (Citigroup) The company has a strategic business alliance with Citigroup centering on various collaborative activities between SMBC Nikko Securities and Citigroup. As part of this alliance, Citigroup provides the company with access to its global corporate and investment banking networks, including sales and trading and M&A services. The relationship between Citigroup and the former Nikko Cordial Securities Inc. in the origination and distribution of financial products in Japan and internationally is being upheld with SMBC Nikko Securities. Consumer Finance segment Sumitomo Mitsui Card Sumitomo Mitsui Card is a major company in Japan’s credit card industry, having introduced the Visa brand into the Japanese market. Sumitomo Mitsui Card conducts a credit card business with a brand, and offers various settlement and finance services to meet various customer needs. The company, Sumitomo Mitsui Card, the bank, and NTT DoCoMo, Inc. (NTT DoCoMo) formed a strategic business and capital alliance in credit payment service. The company has a 66% equity interest in Sumitomo Mitsui Card, while the remaining 34% is held by NTT DoCoMo. Pursuant to the alliance, Sumitomo Mitsui Card offers a credit payment service using NTT DoCoMo’s mobile phones equipped with contactless IC chips. In addition, Sumitomo Mitsui Card issues various affiliated credit cards in cooperation with partners, incl


Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup
Recently Viewed
8316:JP ¥4,697.00 JPY -94.00

8316 Competitors

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Last Change
Deutsche Bank AG €24.27 EUR +0.263
Japan Post Bank Co Ltd ¥1,740 JPY +22.00
Mizuho Financial Group Inc ¥248.50 JPY -2.90
Seven & i Holdings Co Ltd ¥5,520 JPY -203.00
Goldman Sachs Group Inc/The $190.47 USD +1.32
View Industry Companies

Industry Analysis


Industry Average

Valuation 8316 Industry Range
Price/Earnings 9.7x
Price/Sales 1.4x
Price/Book 0.7x
Price/Cash Flow 9.7x
TEV/Sales NM Not Meaningful

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Request Profile Update

Only a company representative may request an update for the company profile. Documentation will be required.

To contact SUMITOMO MITSUI FINANCIAL GR, please visit Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at