Metals and Mining
Company Overview of PT Krakatau Steel (Persero) Tbk
PT Krakatau Steel (Persero) Tbk, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the production and trading of iron and steel products in Indonesia and internationally. It operates in five segments: Steel Products, Real Estate and Hotels, Engineering and Construction, Port Services Provider, and Other Services. The Steel Products segment is primarily involved in production and sale of steel products, such as sponge iron, slabs, billets, hot rolled coils, cold rolled coils, and wire rods; and steel pipes, reinforcing bars, and steel wires, as well as the provision of services related to steel, including coating and tolling services. The Real Estate and Hotels segment develops and sells industrial ...
Jalan Industri No. 5
PO Box 14
Founded in 1970
Key Executives for PT Krakatau Steel (Persero) Tbk
PT Krakatau Steel (Persero) Tbk does not have any Key Executives recorded.
PT Krakatau Steel (Persero) Tbk Key Developments
Krakatau Steel Announces Earnings Results for 2014
Mar 13 15
Krakatau Steel announced earnings results for 2014. For the year, the company posted loss of $149.8 million compared with $13.8 million in 2013. Sales volumes last year fell by 2% from a year earlier to 2.32 million tonnes.
PT Krakatau Steel (Persero) Tbk (PTKS) and Osaka Steel Co., Ltd to Form Joint Venture
Sep 2 14
PT Krakatau Steel (Persero) Tbk (PTKS) and Osaka Steel Co., Ltd. signed an agreement to form a joint venture (JV), PT Krakatau Osaka Steel, to produce and market steel profiles, steel reinforcement, and flat bars in Indonesia. The JV, with a paid up capital of $70 million, factory will be located in the Krakatau Industrial Zone in Cilegon, Banten, Indonesia. Osaka Steel will hold an 80% stake, while Krakatau Steel will hold the remaining 20% stake in the JV. With an investment of $200 million, the JV is expected to begin operations in 2016, with a sales target of 0.5 million tons per year and to employ around 170 employees.
Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation Executes Definitive Agreement on Joint Venture with PT Krakatau Steel (Persero) Tbk
Aug 11 14
Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation and PT Krakatau Steel (Persero) Tbk executed on August 11, 2014 a definitive agreement concerning their joint venture, PT KRAKATAU NIPPON STEEL SUMIKIN. KNSS was established in the Republic of Indonesia in December 2012 for the manufacture and sale of automotive flat steel products, and NSSMC and PTKS had been discussing the detailed terms and conditions of their joint venture since then. The Indonesian automotive market is expected to grow further in the future and it is expected that automakers’ needs for anti-corrosion steel and high-strength steel will also grow. KNSS will build a Galvanizing, Annealing and Processing Line which is a manufacturing line integrating the functions of both Continuous Annealing Line and Continuous Galvanizing Line. GAPL is equivalent to the equipment now in operation at NSSMC’s steelworks, and which is capable of producing high-grade, high-quality cold-rolled, hot-dip galvanized, and galvannealed steel sheets, including steel sheets for automotive outer panels and high-strength steel. With this new line, KNSS will adapt their business to capture the precise needs of automakers. NSSMC and PTKS intend to contribute to the further development of the Indonesian automotive industry through KNSS.
Similar Private Companies By Industry
Recent Private Companies Transactions
|No transactions available in the past 12 months.|