July 24, 2017 4:13 PM ET

Media

Company Overview of BBC Worldwide Limited

Company Overview

BBC Worldwide Limited engages in investing, commercializing, and showcasing content from the British Broadcasting Corporation. It operates through the United Kingdom, North America, Australia and New Zealand, Western Europe, and Rest of World segments. The company focuses on the acquisition, development, exploitation, licensing, and sale of intellectual properties. Its activities include content sales and co-productions, consumer products, BBC.com, and BBC Worldwide Productions. The company also engages in program distribution; TV channel operation; live events; and developing digital downloads and physical products, such as DVDs, books, and CDs. In addition, it sells programs and formats pr...

Television Centre

101 Wood Lane

London,  W12 7FA

United Kingdom

Founded in 1979

1,712 Employees

Phone:

44 20 8433 2000

Fax:

44 20 8749 0538

Key Executives for BBC Worldwide Limited

CEO, Director of Global & Executive Director
Age: 49
CFO & Executive Director
President of UK, EIRE, ANZ & Global Advertising
President of Global Markets
President of BBC Worldwide North America
Age: 55
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2017.

BBC Worldwide Limited Key Developments

Sarah-Jane Harling Joins BBC Worldwide as Advertising Account Director

BBC Worldwide appointed Sarah-Jane Harling in the newly created role of advertising account director for its Africa division, based at BBC's Melrose Arch office. The new role will see Harling responsible for all advertising matters for the region across BBC Brit, BBC Lifestyle, BBC First and BBC Earth, and promoting these channel offerings to advertising partners in South Africa in partnership with DStv Media Sales, where she was previously manager of the international channels.

Iflix Gets License to BBC Programming

iflix and British Broadcasting Corp.'s BBC Worldwide Ltd. inked a licensing deal covering over 150 hours of BBC content. The deal will allow iflix, which is set to launch across Sub-Saharan Africa, excluding South Africa, to offer BBC programming like motoring format show "Top Gear," comedy "Citizen Khan" and the Idris Elba starrer "Luther.

BBC Worldwide and Sony Pictures Networks India to Launch Sony BBC Earth in India

Sony BBC Earth will debut in India on March 6, 2017 at 8 pm, with a promise of 19 hours of original content per week. The channel is a JV between BBC Worldwide and Sony Pictures Networks India (SPN). While SPN will have majority holding of 74% in the JV, BBC Worldwide will hold the remaining 26%. Both companies are said to be investing in the channel as per their shareholding ratios.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
@www Digital Europe
110sport Management Limited Europe
18 Feet & Rising Limited Europe
1966 Entertainment Limited Europe
20.20 Limited Europe

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Type
Date
Target
Private Placement
September 30, 2016
Trint Limited
Merger/Acquisition
August 17, 2016
Slim Film & TV Limited
Merger/Acquisition
August 11, 2016
72 Films Limited
 

The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global. Bloomberg.com does not create or control the content. For inquiries, please contact S&P Global Market Intelligence directly by clicking here.

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States
The Advertising Council, Inc. United States
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Rush University United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Request Profile Update

Only a company representative may request an update for the company profile. Documentation will be required.

To contact BBC Worldwide Limited, please visit www.bbcworldwide.com. Company data is provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.