Company Overview of Schroders plc
Schroders plc is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm also provides advisory and consultancy services. It provides its services to financial institutions, high net worth clients, large corporate, local authority, charitable entities, individuals, pension plans, government funds, insurance companies, and endowments. It launches and manages equity mutual funds and manages fixed income mutual funds for its clients. The firm also manages hedge for its clients. It invests in the public equity, fixed income, and alternative investment markets across the globe. The firm’s alternative investments include real estate markets, emerging market debt, commodities and agriculture funds, funds of ...
31 Gresham Street
London, EC2V 7QA
Founded in 1804
Key Executives for Schroders plc
Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director
Total Annual Compensation: $7.4M
Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director
Total Annual Compensation: $2.6M
Executive Vice Chairman and Global Head of Distribution
Total Annual Compensation: $4.4M
Group Head of Wealth Management and Executive Director
Total Annual Compensation: $2.3M
Head of Investment and Director
Total Annual Compensation: $4.1M
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2014.
Schroders plc Key Developments
Schroders Reportedly In Talks To Acquire Gruppo Banca Leonardo
Jan 13 16
Schroders plc (LSE:SDR) is in talks to buy Gruppo Banca Leonardo S.p.A., Il Sole 24 Ore reported on January 10, 2016. The talks are reportedly at an intermediate stage. Schroders is said to be interested in buying a 70% stake in Banca Leonardo, along with an option to buy the remaining 30% from current Banca Leonardo shareholders.
Schroders and Stellenbosch University Announce Joint Investment Research Initiative
Nov 27 15
Schroders announced a joint investment research initiative with the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences at Stellenbosch University in South Africa. This initiative will bring together industry and academic experts, with the goal of collaborating on investment research that both expands academic knowledge and enhances the delivery of investment outcomes by investment professionals. The investment research agenda will cover a wide range of themes including macroeconomic research; environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) investing; portfolio management and construction; asset allocation; and investment risk management. Through the research initiative, joint seminars and workshops will be held on current trends in investment management. Another South African university will also join the research initiative in 2016. The research initiative will be supported locally by Argon Asset Management with more strategic partners expected to join in 2016.
Schroders Launches Schroder ISF Global Recovery Fund
Nov 6 15
Schroders plc has announced the launch of an onshore version of Schroder ISF Global Recovery Fund. The Schroder Global Recovery Fund will launch on 30 October and will be managed by Nick Kirrage, Kevin Murphy and Andrew Lyddon. The fund will mirror the investment philosophy of both the Schroder ISF Global Recovery, which launched in October 2013, and the Schroder Recovery Fund, which Nick Kirrage and Kevin Murphy have co-managed since 2006. Utilising the team's recovery approach the fund will focus on investing in global equities with classic recovery characteristics. The Schroder Recovery Fund is top quartile over a 3, 7 and 10 year period and second quartile over 5 years to 30 September 2015. Nick Kirrage and Kevin Murphy will continue to manage the Schroder Recovery fund and the Schroder Income Fund going forward.
Similar Private Companies By Industry
Recent Private Companies Transactions