October 23, 2017 8:41 PM ET

Multiline Retail

Company Overview of Grupo Sanborns, S.A.B. de C.V.

Company Overview

Grupo Sanborns, S.A.B. de C.V. operates retail stores and restaurants in Mexico and Central America. The company operates specialized department stores, specialty stores, electronics and entertainment stores, convenience stores, luxury stores, and restaurants, as well as fashion boutiques under various brands, such as Sears, Sanborns, iShop-MixUp, Dax, Sanborns Café, and Saks Fifth Avenue. Its stores offer fashion ware, large and small appliances, furniture, home improvement products and electronics, books, magazines, health and beauty products, pharmacy products, toys, music and video products, jewelries, photography products, cellular phones, candies, gifts, movies, video games, cosmetics ...

No. 245, Presa Falcón Building

7th Floor

Plaza Carso, Lago Zurich

Ampliación Granada

Mexico City,  11529

Mexico

Founded in 1928

47,790 Employees

Key Executives for Grupo Sanborns, S.A.B. de C.V.

Grupo Sanborns, S.A.B. de C.V. does not have any Key Executives recorded.

Grupo Sanborns, S.A.B. de C.V. Key Developments

Grupo Sanborns Reports Consolidated Earnings Results for the Second Quarter of 2017

Grupo Sanborns reported consolidated earnings results for the second quarter of 2017. For the quarter, sales increased 7% to MXN 11.5 billion. This was the result of high average sales in all formats. Same-store sales grew 3.4%. The quarterly operating income decreased to slightly 0.3% with a margin of 10%. This was by higher expenses due to the increase in depreciation coming from expansion and remodeling program. EBITDA totaled MXN 1.47 billion, 2.7% higher with a 12.7% margin of sales. Net income increased 16.5% to MXN 793 billion. This was due to operating results, a lower effective tax rate, participation in subsidiaries of [indiscernible] properties and in participation of minority shareholders.

Grupo Sanborns, S.A.B. de C.V., Q2 2017 Earnings Call, Jul 28, 2017

Grupo Sanborns, S.A.B. de C.V., Q2 2017 Earnings Call, Jul 28, 2017

Grupo Sanborns, S.A.B. de C.V. Approves Cash Dividend

Grupo Sanborns, S.A.B. de C.V. approved to pay a cash dividend at a rate o MXN 0.88 for each the B-1 Series shares subscribed and paid in, representing the share capital, to paid in the months of June and December of 2017 in two equal exhibitions of MXN 0.44 each, at the Ordinary Annual Shareholders' Meeting held on April 26, 2017.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
Almacenes Zaragoza, S.A. De C.V. Americas
BBB Americas
Bodesa, S.A. De C.V. Americas
Distribuidora Liverpool, S.A. De C.V. Americas
Docastelo S.A. De C.V. Americas

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Type
Date
Target
No transactions available in the past 12 months.
\
 

The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global. Bloomberg.com does not create or control the content. For inquiries, please contact S&P Global Market Intelligence directly by clicking here.

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
The Advertising Council, Inc. United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Tax Management Inc United States
Bertelsmann AG Europe

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Request Profile Update

Only a company representative may request an update for the company profile. Documentation will be required.

To contact Grupo Sanborns, S.A.B. de C.V., please visit www.gsanborns.com.mx. Company data is provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.