March 04, 2015 2:42 PM ET

Auto Components

Company Overview of Magneti Marelli S.p.A.

Company Overview

Magneti Marelli S.p.A. engages in the design and manufacture of systems and components for the automotive sector. The company offers automotive exterior lighting products, including front and back lighting systems; engine and transmission components, such as gasoline, diesel, and multi-fuel engine control systems, as well as automated manual transmission gearboxes for automobiles, motorbikes, and light commercial vehicles; hardware and software products, such as mechatronics, instrument clusters, infotainment and telematics, and satellite navigation products; and suspension modules and components for motor vehicles that range from individual components to assembled modules, as well as shock ...

Viale Aldo Borletti, 61/63

Corbetta, MI 20011


Founded in 1919


39 02 97 22 73 92


39 02 97 22 73 55

Key Executives for Magneti Marelli S.p.A.

Chief Executive Officer, President and President of Automotive Lighting
Age: 64
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Technology Officer and Chief Executive Officer of Infotainment & Telematics
Chief Executive Officer of Powertrain and Chief Executive Officer of Electronics
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2014.

Magneti Marelli S.p.A. Key Developments

Magneti Marelli and DTR Sign JV Agreement to Acquire CF Gomma

Magneti Marelli has announced that it has signed an agreement with South Korea-based DTR to form a joint venture (JV) to acquire Italy's CF Gomma. The company said that DTR will take a 60% stake in CF Gomma while Magneti Marelli will own the remaining 40%. Magneti Marelli will work with DTR to promote Gomma's business in Europe and South America.

VisLab and Magneti Marelli S.p.A. Signs Technical-Scientific Collaboration Agreement on Subject of Intelligent Vehicles and Autonomous Driving

VisLab and Magneti Marelli S.p.A. signed a technical-scientific collaboration agreement on the subject of intelligent vehicles and autonomous driving. The agreement calls for Magneti Marelli engineers to join a group of researchers from VisLab, in order to form a research team in Parma made up of about twenty members. The researchers' aim is to develop and apply innovative technologies in the field of intelligent vehicles with autonomous driving and, more generally speaking, within the scope of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). The agreement also entails the development of demo vehicles with autonomous driving optimized for situations such as highway, urban and sub-urban areas and completely autonomous driving, based on sustainable technologies from a cost standpoint. Each individual situation has specific characteristics and requires a specific sensor architecture. This worthwhile collaboration - with the definition of technological scenarios increasingly based on advanced connection between vehicles and infrastructures, and the establishing of the autonomous driving as one of the key solutions for intelligent and environmentally-sustainable mobility of the future - has thus become more and more important for both Magneti Marelli and Vislab, so much so that it has led to the recently signed agreement. The agreement combines the area of excellent research with the know-how of the world of production processes, of the complex dynamics of the automotive market and of the technological challenges of the future, from the standpoint of a global automotive component manufacturer. The autonomous driving solution foreshadows scenarios where control over the automobile can be gradually delegated to a set of systems installed on the vehicle - also supported by messages exchanged between the same vehicle and the infrastructures - capable of ensuring a univocal solution to the often conflicting problems of safety and reduced consumption and emissions.

Hero MotoCorp Limited Forms New Joint Venture in Partnership with Magneti Marelli

Hero MotoCorp Limited formed new joint venture in partnership with Magneti Marelli to develop next-gen two-wheeler fueling systems. The scope of this agreement is quite significant for Magneti Marelli as partner in this JV is the world's large manufacturer of two-wheelers. The aim is to partner with Hero MotoCorp in order to equip with advanced Powertrain solutions all Fiero motorcycles and scooters, and indeed most two-wheelers circulating in a country where current sales are already close to 15 million units per year. The new entity - to be called HMC-MM Auto Ltd. - is HMCL's first joint venture since commencing its solo journey a little over two years ago. HMCL will hold majority stake of 60% in the new company while Magneti Marelli will hold the rest 40%. There will be a total equity injection of $8.5 million as envisaged by Hero MotoCorp & Magneti Marelli in a ratio of 60:40 over a three-year period. The total investment is likely to be around $27 million over the next 10-year period. HMC-MM Auto Ltd. will also develop its own autonomous Development Centre. The joint venture will bring key engine-related technology within the Hero Group, thereby reducing dependence on external vendors.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
Valeo S.p.A. Europe
Magneti Marelli S.p.A. Europe
Tomasetto Achille Spa Europe
DENSO Manufacturing Italia s.p.a. Europe
Dayco Europe S.r.l. Europe

Recent Private Companies Transactions

June 20, 2014
C.F. Gomma S.p.A.
June 9, 2014
Magneti Marelli Shock Absorbers (India) Private Limited

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
Bertelsmann AG Europe
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Rush University United States
Citizens Budget Commission United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact Magneti Marelli S.p.A., please visit --. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at