September 25, 2016 12:19 AM ET

Banks

Company Overview of Yorkshire Bank PLC

Company Overview

As of December 2004, Yorkshire Bank PLC was acquired by Clydesdale Bank PLC. Yorkshire Bank PLC provides banking products and services to the personal and business customers in the United Kingdom. It offers personal banking, including current accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, personal loans, car finance, credit cards, and insurance; and business banking, including financial solutions centers, financial solutions, business visa card, international trade connect, financing options, offshore banking, business guides, services, and interest rates. Yorkshire Bank PLC also provides Internet banking and agribusiness services. The company was founded in 1859 and is based in Glasgow, United King...

30 St Vincent Place

Glasgow,  G1 2HL

United Kingdom

Founded in 1859

Phone:

44 80 0202 1224

Key Executives for Yorkshire Bank PLC

Yorkshire Bank PLC does not have any Key Executives recorded.

Yorkshire Bank PLC Key Developments

Clydesdale And Yorkshire Banks Announces Intention To Float With IPO

Clydesdale Bank PLC and Yorkshire Bank PLC has officially launched its stock market flotation plan, as it splits off from National Australia Bank. The bank sent out its intention to float notice today. The sale could value the bank at as much as £2 billion, making it the biggest of the challenger banks currently in the UK. Chief Executive David Duffy said independence should free up the bank to focus on its UK operations, rather than being a minor part of a bigger foreign bank. The initial public offering will see 25% of the bank’s shares sold to new investors and the remaining 75% given to existing shareholders in NAB. The IPO is scheduled to complete in early February 2016.

Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks Seek Acquisitions

Clydesdale Bank PLC and Yorkshire Bank PLC are seeking acquisitions. David Duffy said Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank could consider acquisitions, not for the sake of size but to fill gaps in its operations.

NAB Mulls Sale Of Unit In 2015

National Australia Bank Limited (ASX:NAB) (NAB) may sell some assets. NAB is planning to divest Clydesdale Bank PLC and Yorkshire Bank PLC in 2015. NAB announced a plan to spin off up to 80% of Clydesdale to shareholders and sell the remainder of the business in an initial public offering by the end of 2015. NAB Finance Chief, Craig Drummond said, “The various financial markets, whether it be debt capital markets, equity capital markets, have been supportive of us selling a whole range of assets and repositioning the bank.”

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
Abbey National Bank PLC Europe
Airdrie Savings Bank Limited Europe
AKCB Finance Ltd Europe
Al-Bank Al-Saudi Al-Alami Ltd Saudi Int’l Bank Europe
Atlas Capital Group Holding S.A. Europe

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Type
Date
Target
No transactions available in the past 12 months.
 

The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by Capital IQ, a Standard & Poor's company. Bloomberg.com does not create or control the content. For inquiries, please contact Capital IQ directly by clicking here.

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Rush University United States
The Advertising Council, Inc. United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Request Profile Update

Only a company representative may request an update for the company profile. Documentation will be required.

To contact Yorkshire Bank PLC, please visit www.ybonline.co.uk. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.