Bloomberg Anywhere Login

Bloomberg

Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.

Company

Financial Products

Enterprise Products

Media

Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000

Communications

Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us


July 30, 2015 9:47 PM ET

Industrial Conglomerates

Company Overview of Union of Myanmar Economic Holdings Limited

Company Overview

Union of Myanmar Economic Holdings Limited operates as an industrial conglomerate that engages gem production and marketing, garment factories, wood industries, goods and beverages and other trading companies, supermarket, banking, hotels, tourism, transportation, construction and real estate, computers, telecommunications, electronics and equipment, and steel and cement industries. The company is based in Yangon, Myanmar.

189-191 Maha Bandoola Road

Botahtaung Township

Yangon,  

Myanmar

Key Executives for Union of Myanmar Economic Holdings Limited

Union of Myanmar Economic Holdings Limited does not have any Key Executives recorded.

Union of Myanmar Economic Holdings Limited Key Developments

Independent Valuer More Than Doubles The Valuation Of F&N’s Stake In MBL

Fraser and Neave, Limited (SGX:F99) (F&N) received the valuation report of Myanmar Brewery Ltd (MBL) from the independent valuer. The valuer determined that F&N's 55% stake in MBL is estimated at $560 million. The estimated valuation is more than double the original offer of $246 million from Union of Myanmar Economic Holdings Limited (MEHL). An arbitral tribunal had earlier ruled that the original offer put forward by MEHL did not represent a fair value of F&N’s stake in MBL.

SAB Miller Reportedly Eyes Stake In Myanmar Brewery

SABMiller plc (LSE:SAB) is exploring the possibility of snapping up a stake in Myanmar Brewery Ltd, sources familiar with the matter said. The conglomerate, Union of Myanmar Economic Holdings Limited (MEHL), was cleared to buy the stake, thought to be worth around $500 million, in October when it won an arbitration case against Fraser and Neave, Limited (SGX:F99). A Singaporean tribunal ruled that MEHL was entitled to buy out Fraser and Neave's 55% stake in Myanmar Brewery, taking full control of the brewer. The sources familiar with the matter said MEHL was looking for a partner in taking over Fraser and Neave's stake. The sources, who declined to be identified because the matter is private, said SABMiller was interested. It is not clear whether SABMiller would buy the entire stake or part of it.

POSCO Coated & Color Steel Co., Ltd. to Form Joint Venture with Myanmar Economic Holdings Limited

POSCO Coated & Color Steel Co., Ltd. has entered into a joint venture (JV) agreement with Myanmar Economic Holdings Limited (MEHL) to construct a colored steel sheet plant at an industrial complex in Yangon, Myanmar with an annual capacity of 50,000 tons of steel sheet. The JV is named as Myanmar-Posco C&C. POSCO will own a 70% stake and MEHL will own the remaining 30% stake in the JV.

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Type
Date
Target
No transactions available in the past 12 months.
 

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Rush University United States
Citizens Budget Commission United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact Union of Myanmar Economic Holdings Limited, please visit --. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.