Bloomberg the Company & Products

Bloomberg Anywhere Login


Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.


Financial Products

Enterprise Products


Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000


Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us

July 02, 2015 6:22 PM ET

Industrial Conglomerates

Company Overview of Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales

Company Overview

Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the acquisition, fermentation, processing, beat, fitting-out, and commercialization of loose tobacco for cigarette production. Its business activities also include news agency services; a horse racetrack operation; the promotion and export of Spanish goods and services; universal postal services; radio and television services; consultancy for the location of companies that are planning to invest or to expand in Spain; participation into the capital, participative loans, and credit lines; and the management of portfolio of companies. In addition, its business activities include rural development, the pre...

C/Velázquez, 134

Madrid,  28006


Founded in 1995


34 91 396 10 00


34 91 396 15 60

Key Executives for Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales

Chairman, President and Member of Management Board
Chief Financial Officer
Age: 58
Managing Director and Member of Management Board
Head of Internal Auditing and Member of Management Board
Head of Chairman’S Office and Member of Management Board
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2015.

Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales Key Developments

Mediaset Reportedly Acquires 3% Stake In Indra

Mediaset SpA (BIT:MS) has acquired a 3% stake in Indra Sistemas, S.A. (CATS:IDR), with an option for a further 3%, according to an unnamed source cited by El Confidencial. At current market prices, the stake would be worth around €37.5 million. The report suggests that Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales offered its entire 20% stake in Indra to Telefonica.

SEPI Is Not Looking To Sell Its 20% Stake In Indra Sistemas

Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales (SEPI) is not looking to sell its 20% stake in Indra Sistemas, S.A. (CATS:IDR), a spokesman said, after a newspaper reported on December 22, 2014 that a British investment firm was interesting in purchasing it. "We are not interesting in selling," the spokesman said, adding that any divestment would need backing the government.

Government Reportedly Drafting Bill For Red's Privatization

A draft bill, part of the ongoing reform of the Spanish power sector, is about to pave the way for the entire privatisation of electricity grid operator Red Eléctrica Corporación S A. (CATS:REE), Europa Press said on July 15, 2013. The current bill of 1997 impedes private firms to have more than 3% voting rights in Red Electrica and in the case of energy companies -- no more than 1%. The total stake of the private power firms in the grid operator cannot exceed 40%. The new piece of legislation is about to abolish these restrictions and Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales may opt for selling part or all of its 20% in Red Electrica. The other 80% in the company are free float.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
Montajes Eléctricos del Cantabrico S.L. Europe
Begar, S.a. Europe
Seifil Percan, S.L. Europe
Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales Europe
RCP Group Europe

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Private Placement
July 8, 2014
Alestis Aerospace, S.L.

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Rush University United States
Citizens Budget Commission United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales, please visit Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at