February 24, 2017 4:51 PM ET

Diversified Consumer Services

Company Overview of University of Manchester

Company Overview

University of Manchester is an educational institution that provides undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate programs. It offers courses in accounting and finance; aerospace engineering; anatomical science; cognitive neuroscience and psychology; computer science; economics; learning disability; modern languages and cultures; and psychology. University of Manchester was formerly known as Victoria University of Manchester and changed its name to University of Manchester in March, 2003. The university was founded in 1824 and is based in Manchester, United Kingdom.

Oxford Road

Manchester,  M13 9PL

United Kingdom

Founded in 1824

10,171 Employees

Phone:

44 16 1306 6000

Key Executives for University of Manchester

President and Vice-Chancellor
Age: 61
Director of Finance
Age: 60
Director of Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2016.

University of Manchester Key Developments

University of Manchester Signs Partnership Agreement with BAE Systems

The University of Manchester has signed a strategic framework agreement with BAE Systems to establish a long-term relationship in research, education and consultancy. Manchester - which has a range of world-class science and engineering strengths, including expertise in aerospace and the development of advanced materials - is among a small group of selected UK universities invited to sign this partnership agreement with the company. The move comes after BAE Systems announced that it will focus on building closer partnerships with a smaller number of universities which share expertise in particular areas of future capability.

University of Manchester Unveils Designs for £150 Million Facility

University of Manchester has unveiled designs for its new £150 million Henry Royce Institute in Manchester, UK. The building, located at the heart of the university's engineering campus, will cover an area of 16,000 sq m. At a height of 46m, the building is slated to be the tallest building on the campus. The building will house materials scientists, advanced equipment and will feature collaborative space for industrial engagement. Work on the building is expected to commence early in 2017, with the building expected to open in 2019. Laing O'Rourke will serve as the main contractor of the project, with project and cost management to be provided by Arcadis, and civil and structural engineering by Ramboll UK. ARUP will serve as the building services engineer, and Gilllespies as the landscape architect.

OptiBiotix Health plc Forms Skin Health Joint Venture with the University of Manchester

OptiBiotix Health plc has acquired the exclusive rights to intellectual property developed by The University of Manchester in skin health, creating a majority owned joint venture which will be called SkinBiotix Ltd. Under the terms of the agreement, OptiBiotix have invested GBP 260,000 into the JV and will own 52% of SkinBiotix Ltd., with the remaining 48% owned by the University of Manchester and key researchers.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
1st Safari Day Nurseries Ltd. Europe
7city Group Ltd. Europe
A Suit That Fits Ltd. Europe
A Tale Unfolds Ltd Europe
ABC123 Daycare Ltd. Europe

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Type
Date
Target
No transactions available in the past 12 months.
 

The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global. Bloomberg.com does not create or control the content. For inquiries, please contact S&P Global Market Intelligence directly by clicking here.

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Rush University United States
The Advertising Council, Inc. United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Request Profile Update

Only a company representative may request an update for the company profile. Documentation will be required.

To contact University of Manchester, please visit www.man.ac.uk. Company data is provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.