Bloomberg Anywhere Remote Login Bloomberg Terminal Demo Request

Bloomberg

Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.

Company

Financial Products

Enterprise Products

Media

Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000

Communications

Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us

Bloomberg Customers


February 10, 2016 7:59 PM ET

Electrical Equipment

Company Overview of Philips LumiLeds Lighting Company LLC

Company Overview

Philips LumiLeds Lighting Company LLC develops and and manufactures high-power light emitting diodes (LEDs) and solid-state lighting solutions in the United States. It offers red, amber, blue, green, and white light emitting diodes; light emitting diodes dies; and packaged light emitting diodes. The company also provides mid-power light emitting diodes, light emitting diodes assemblies for exterior applications, and light emitting diode die materials; and LUXEON Rebel LEDs with correlated color temperature for indoor illumination applications in hotels, shops, restaurants, and homes, as well as LUXEON Rebel ES product line for outdoor lighting applications. Its products are used in automotiv...

370 West Trimble Road

San Jose, CA 95131

United States

Founded in 1999

Phone:

408-964-2900

Fax:

408-964-5265

Key Executives for Philips LumiLeds Lighting Company LLC

Chief Technology Officer
Vice President of Marketing
Solid State Lighting Fellow
Vice President of Sales in Asia Pacific
Vice President of Product Development
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2015.

Philips LumiLeds Lighting Company LLC Key Developments

Lumileds Announces Board Changes

GO Scale Capital has announced that it will acquire an 80.1% interest in Philips' combined LED components and Automotive lighting business, with Philips retaining the remaining 19.9% interest. The transaction values the business at an enterprise value of approximately USD 3.3 billion. The transaction is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2015, subject to closing conditions, including customary regulatory approvals. Following the transaction, the new company will continue under the name Lumileds, led by CEO Pierre-Yves Lesaicherre. Philips will remain an important customer of Lumileds and will continue the existing innovation and supply partnership. The transaction includes the transfer of a broad patent portfolio of more than 600 patent families related to LED manufacturing and automotive lighting from Philips to Lumileds. Sonny Wu, co-founder and managing director of GSR Ventures and chairman of GO Scale Capital, who will serve as interim Chairman of Lumileds following the completion of the transaction.

Lumileds Appoints Sonny Wu as Interim Chairman

Sonny Wu, co-founder and managing director of GSR Ventures and chairman of GO Scale Capital, who will serve as interim chairman of Lumileds following the completion of the transaction.

Lattice Power CEO Denies Acquiring Philips Lumileds

Min Wang, LatticePower Corporation Chief Executive Officer, has vehemently denied a Reuters report suggesting LatticePower was on its way of Philips LumiLeds Lighting Company LLC.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
Allied Moulded Products, Inc. United States
Electrix, Inc. United States
Tri-Mag, Inc. United States
HICO America Sales and Technology, Inc. United States
Cutting Edge Superconductors, Inc. United States

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Type
Date
Target
No transactions available in the past 12 months.
 

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
Bertelsmann AG Europe
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Rush University United States
Citizens Budget Commission United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Request Profile Update

Only a company representative may request an update for the company profile. Documentation will be required.

To contact Philips LumiLeds Lighting Company LLC, please visit --. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.