Bloomberg Anywhere Remote Login Bloomberg Terminal Demo Request


Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.


Financial Products

Enterprise Products


Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000


Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us

November 27, 2015 8:19 AM ET

Wireless Telecommunication Services

Company Overview of Vivo Participações S.A.

Company Overview

As of October 3, 2011, Vivo Participações S.A. was acquired by Telefônica Brasil S.A. Vivo Participações S.A., through its subsidiaries, provides cellular telecommunications services in Brazil. It provides voice and ancillary services, including voicemail and voicemail notification, call forwarding, three-way calling, caller identification, short messaging, limitation on the number of used minutes, cellular chat room, and data service, such as wireless application protocol service. The company also offers direct access to the Internet through data cards, as well as multimedia message service and mobile execution environment, which enables the wireless devices to download applications and exe...

Avenida Roque Petroni Junior, 1464

Sao Paulo, SP 04707-000


Founded in 1998

13,419 Employees


55 11 7420 1172


55 11 7420 2247

Key Executives for Vivo Participações S.A.

Vivo Participações S.A. does not have any Key Executives recorded.

Vivo Participações S.A. Key Developments

TIM Denies Rumours Of Sale to Vivo, Claro and Oi

Tim Brasil Serviços e Participações S.A. has denied rumours that its competitors laro Telecom Participacoes, S.A., Vivo Participacoes S.A and Oi SA (BOVESPA:OIBR4) have reached an agreement to buy TIM, stating that its directors and controller, Telecom Italia S.p.A. (BIT:TIT), are not involved in any negotiations for its sale, and have no knowledge of any such agreement.

Claro, Vivo and Oi To Close Deal To Buy TIM

Claro Telecom Participacoes, S.A. and Vivo Participacoes S.A., along with Oi SA (BOVESPA:OIBR4) signed an agreement with BTG Pactual Group (BOVESPA:BBTG11) to buy Tim Brasil Serviços e Participações S.A, and split the company into three. The value is not closed yet, but it may reach $13 billion. Folha was able to learn that an offer will be made to shareholders of Telecom Italia, owner of TIM Brazil, who will decide on a general assembly of shareholders. Under the agreement, Claro should have 40% of TIM. The other 60% will be split between Vivo and Oi in 32% and 28% respectively. Main shareholders, such as the Vivendi Société Anonyme (ENXTPA:VIV) are likely to accept.

America Movil May Acquire Tim Brasil

America Movil S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV:AMX L) may acquire Tim Brasil Serviços e Participações S.A. from Telecom Italia S.p.A. (BIT:TIT). Reuters said last week that Movil was in talks with both Oi SA (BOVESPA:OIBR4) and Vivo Participacoes S.A. about mounting a joint offer worth about BRL 30 billion, though the stakes would have to be structured to satisfy regulatory concerns.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
Telpart Participacoes S.A. Americas
Algar Celular S/A Americas
Sercomtel Celular S.A. Americas
Rádio Móvel Digital S.A. Americas
Paging Network do Brasil S.A. Americas

Recent Private Companies Transactions

No transactions available in the past 12 months.

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
Bertelsmann AG Europe
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Rush University United States
Citizens Budget Commission United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Request Profile Update

Only a company representative may request an update for the company profile. Documentation will be required.

To contact Vivo Participações S.A., please visit --. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at