Company Overview of United Water Resources, Inc.
United Water Resources, Inc. provides drinking water and wastewater treatment services to people, businesses, and communities in the United States. Its services include delivery of clean water; water tank management services, including tank maintenance, tank repair and renovation, sale and lease of new tanks, and antenna site management; and wastewater treatment services, such as recycling wastewater for irrigation and industrial use, easing the demand for scarce water supplies, conserving drinking water, and helping in the safeguard of ocean. The company’s services also comprise billing, customer call center, collection, lien sales, and metering services; public-private partnerships for out...
200 Old Hook Road
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Founded in 1869
Key Executives for United Water Resources, Inc.
Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President
President of United Water New Jersey and Senior Vice President of United Water M&S
President - United Water Resources Inc M&S and Chief of Staff of United Water M&S
President - Utility Service Company
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2014.
United Water Resources, Inc. Key Developments
United Water Expands Operations to Include Southern Florida
Mar 9 15
United Water announced that it has opened an office in Miami-Dade County for the purpose of exploring business opportunities in Southern Florida. The office opening is part of United Water's broader plan to bring its comprehensive environmental services to municipalities throughout the United States that are facing increased environmental and economic demands on their water and wastewater treatment systems. For its part, the Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department, the water and sewer utility in the southeastern United States, plans to invest approximately $13.5 billion over the next two decades to enhance and upgrade infrastructure utilizing technology. This plan includes upgrades to thousands of miles of pipes, pump stations and water and wastewater treatment plants.
United Water and KKR Sign Utility Partnership with Borough of Middletown, PA
Dec 11 14
United Water together with KKR announced the signing a partnership with the Borough Authority of Middletown, PA for management and operations of the borough's water and wastewater system. The public-private partnership, a joint venture between United Water and KKR, will begin a 50-year water and wastewater concession in Middletown on January 1, 2015 - similar to the partnership the joint venture began with the Municipal Utilities Authority in Bayonne, NJ in December 2012. The concession will generate revenues of over $285 million during its 50 year life. Under the agreement, the joint venture has made an initial payment to the Middletown Borough Authority of $43 million, which will be used to eliminate the Authority's existing debt and pension liability as well as improve its finances. The joint venture has also committed to financing another $83 million for the system infrastructure improvements over the life of the contract. KKR, which made the investment through its infrastructure fund, will fund 90% of the joint venture with United Water funding the remaining 10%.
United Water Signs 20-Year Agreement with Nassau County to Provide Management and Operations of Wastewater System
Sep 11 14
United Water signed an agreement with officials of Nassau County for a 20-year contract to operate, manage and maintain the county's wastewater treatment plants, pumping stations and sewers. The system handles the sewage from 1.2 million people on Long Island and treats it for disposal into environmentally sensitive estuaries. United Water will be responsible for the large water-related public-private partnership to date in the United States with a value of more than $1.2 billion. In addition to hiring United Water as a management and operations expert, Nassau County will invest more than $830 million in the sewer system over the next several years. The County will make that investment with support from a grant it has secured from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to permanently fix damages wrought by Hurricane Sandy, which devastated much of the eastern coast in 2012, and harden resilience to future storms. United Water will provide technology and management expertise; improve the system's operating efficiency and performance on environmental standards; clean discharges to meet New York State Environmental Protection Department standards; and eliminate odors from the Bay Park, Cedar Creek and the Glen Cove sewage treatment plants. United Water will also provide unprecedented transparency on its performance by posting operational data and live video feeds from facilities and outflow pipes on its web site - an industry first.
Similar Private Companies By Industry
Recent Private Companies Transactions
|No transactions available in the past 12 months.|