Company Overview of Norges Bank Investment Management
Norges Bank Investment Management is a pension plan sponsor. The firm manages pension and insurance funds for its clients. It invests in public equity, fixed income, and real estate markets across the globe. For its fixed income investments, the firm invests in bonds issued by governments and related institutions and securities issued by the corporate sector. It benchmarks the equity performance against the FTSE Global All Cap Index. The firm conducts an internal research to create its portfolios. It makes socially responsible investments. Norges Bank Investment Management was founded on January 1, 1998 and is based in Oslo, Norway with additional offices in New York City; London, United Ki...
P.O. Box 1179 Sentrum
Founded in 1998
Key Executives for Norges Bank Investment Management
Deputy Chief Executive Officer and Chief Administrative Officer
General Manager for Singapore Office
Chief Investment Officer of Real Estate
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2014.
Norges Bank Investment Management Key Developments
TIAA-CREF Teams with Norges Bank Unit on San Francisco Acquisition
Sep 8 14
In San Francisco, TIAA-CREF and Norges Bank Investment Management entered a joint venture to own and operate The Orrick Building also known as Foundry Square II, an office building located in the South Financial District. TIAA-CREF will own a 50.1% interest while NBIM will own 49.9%. The Orrick Building is a 10-story, 521,555 square foot, class A, LEED Platinum office building located on the corner of Howard and First Streets in San Francisco's South Financial District. TIAA-CREF posted USD 613 billion in total assets under management as of June 30 and is the provider of retirement services in the academic, research, medical and cultural fields.
MetLife, Inc. and Norges Bank Investment Management Buy One Beacon Street Tower in Boston
Jul 28 14
MetLife, Inc. and Norges Bank Investment Management announced that they have bought the One Beacon Street office building in Boston for approximately $561 million. This is the second property investment in Boston and the fourth overall for the joint venture, which now has a real estate portfolio with a gross value of approximately $2.4 billion. MetLife and Norges Bank Investment Management bought the 34-story office tower from a joint venture of Beacon Capital Partners and insurer Allianz. MetLife will own 52.5% of One Beacon Street and be the managing member, while Norges Bank Investment Management will own the remaining 47.5%. Located in Boston's financial district, One Beacon Street is LEED Platinum certified and offers more than one million square feet of office space. Built in 1973, One Beacon Street is currently about 85% leased, with current tenants including the Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency, the University of Massachusetts, the University of Massachusetts Building Authority, Standard Life Investments (USA) Limited and JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association.
Norges Bank May Sell Stake In Formula One Administration
Mar 12 14
Norges Bank Investment Management may sell its stake in Formula One Administration Limited. Yngve Slyngstad, Chief Executive Officer of Norges Bank Investment, said that sovereign wealth fund made mistakes when it bought shares in Formula One and may try to sell them. He added that the fund may seek to offload the stake if corruption charges against its boss Bernie Ecclestone are not properly addressed. Formula One was not immediately available for comment to Reuters.
Similar Private Companies By Industry
Recent Private Companies Transactions