Company Overview of Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe is a private equity firm specializing in mezzanine investments, management buy-outs, recapitalization, turnaround, acquisitions, growth equity financings, public-to-private transactions, corporate carve outs, follow on investments, financial restructurings, joint ventures, and small alpha investments. The firm also invests in middle market and mature companies. It also makes co-investments. The firm typically invests in the telecommunications, financial services, information and business services and healthcare, primarily on the services side sectors. It also provides subordinated debt to its portfolio companies. It typically invests in companies within the Un...
320 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10022-6815
Founded in 1979
Key Executives for Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
General Partner, Co-President, and Member of Management Committee
Co-President, General Partner, and Member of Management Committee
General Partner and Founder
General Partner and Founder
General Partner, Founder, and Member of Management Committee
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2015.
Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe Key Developments
Tenet Healthcare Corp. Completes its Joint Venture Transaction with Welsh, Carson, Anderson and Stowe
Jun 17 15
Tenet Healthcare Corp. has completed its joint venture transaction with Welsh, Carson, Anderson and Stowe that combines the short-stay surgery and imaging center assets of Tenet and United Surgical Partners International to create a US short-stay surgery platform. Tenet contributed its interest in 49 ambulatory surgery centres and 20 imaging centers to the joint venture and refinanced approximately USD 1.5 billion of existing USPI debt, which will be allocated to the joint venture through an intercompany loan. Tenet also made an approximately USD 404 million payment to pre-existing USPI shareholders to align the respective valuations of the assets contributed to the joint venture. The company owns 50.1% of the new USPI and will consolidate USPI's financial results. Welsh Carson and the other existing shareholders in USPI own the remaining 49.9%. A pre-determined put-call structure provides a path to full ownership of USPI by Tenet over the next five years.
Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe Presents at Super Return U.S.2015, Jun-16-2015 11:40 AM
Jun 12 15
Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe Presents at Super Return U.S.2015, Jun-16-2015 11:40 AM. Venue: Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, Boston, Massachusetts, United States. Speakers: Anthony J. de Nicola, General Partner, Co-President, and Member of Management Committee.
HarbourVest Reportedly Agrees To Acquire Welsh Carson, PAI Stakes From CPPIB
May 27 15
HarbourVest Partners, LLC is planning to acquire stake in a fund portfolio. People close to the matter said that HarbourVest has agreed to purchase a portion of a roughly $1.5 billion fund portfolio that Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) brought to the secondary market in early 2015. HarbourVest is buying stake in funds managed by Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe and PAI Partners, people added. David Schwartz of Debevoise is acting as an advisor for HarbourVest.
Similar Private Companies By Industry
Recent Private Companies Transactions