December 08, 2016 2:16 PM ET

Insurance

Company Overview of BNP Paribas Cardif S.A.

Company Overview

BNP Paribas Cardif S.A. provides insurance products to personal and business customers in Europe, Asia, and Latin America. Its products include life insurance, non-life insurance, creditor insurance, pension products, health insurance, property and casualty insurance, and savings and protection insurance products. It offers its products through banks, credit companies, the insurance units of automotive manufacturers, retail chains, insurance brokers, telecoms operators, etc. The company is headquartered in Paris, France. BNP Paribas Cardif S.A. operates as a subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA.

1 boulevard Haussmann

Paris,  75009

France

Key Executives for BNP Paribas Cardif S.A.

Chief Executive Officer
Head of Cardif network in France
Chief Financial Officer
Director and Chief Executive Officer of BNP Paribas Personal Finance
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2016.

BNP Paribas Cardif S.A. Key Developments

SBI Life And BNP Paribas Cardiff Seeks To Raise Funds

SBI Life Insurance Co., Ltd. with BNP Paribas Cardiff S.A. in a pre-IPO fund raise, pegging its valuation at INR 370 billion to 400 billion. However, in an emailed response to an ET query, Basu denied any plans of an IPO. "SBI has recently informed the stock exchanges that they propose to divest up to 5% of their share in SBI Life. The process in this regard is being overseen by SBI. The proposed divestment is not linked to an IPO and there is no decision to go for an IPO. No valuation figures have been worked out so far."

BNP Paribas Reportedly In Talks To Buy 10% In SBI Life

BNP Paribas Cardif S.A. is in talks to buy 10% stake in SBI Life Insurance Co., Ltd. from State Bank of India (SBI) (NSEI:SBIN) for about INR 39000 million. SBI is currently holding 74% and remaining 26% is held by BNP Paribas.

SBI To Cut Down Its Stake In SBI Life Insurance

State Bank of India (NSEI:SBIN) proposes 10% sell stake in the life SBI Life Insurance Company Limited. SBI has decided to cut its 10% stake in favour of overseas partner BNP Paribas Cardif S.A.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
ACM Europe
Adding Group Sa Europe
ADREA Mutuelle Franche-Comté Europe
Afcalia Sa Europe
AG2R, GIE Europe

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Type
Date
Target
Merger/Acquisition
July 28, 2016
Pullman Paris Bercy
 

The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global. Bloomberg.com does not create or control the content. For inquiries, please contact S&P Global Market Intelligence directly by clicking here.

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Bloomberg L.P. United States
The Advertising Council, Inc. United States
Rush University United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Request Profile Update

Only a company representative may request an update for the company profile. Documentation will be required.

To contact BNP Paribas Cardif S.A., please visit www.bnpparibascardif.com. Company data is provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.