Bloomberg the Company & Products

Bloomberg Anywhere Login


Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.


Financial Products

Enterprise Products


Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000


Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us

May 24, 2015 6:06 AM ET

Capital Markets

Company Overview of Stone Point Capital LLC

Company Overview

Stone Point Capital LLC is a private equity firm specializing in mature, middle market, PIPEs, and buyout investments. It seeks to invest in casualty reinsurance carriers; central reserve depository institutions; specialty lending and banking companies; diversified financial services including banks, credit opportunities, healthcare companies, asset managers and insurers; financial responsibility reinsurance carriers; health and medical insurance; insurance brokers; life reinsurance carriers; title reinsurance carriers; asset management; insurance industry software; mortgage services; online insurance services; and employee benefits sectors. It typically invests in opportunities such as: sup...

20 Horseneck Lane

Greenwich, CT 06830-6327

United States





Key Executives for Stone Point Capital LLC

Chief Executive Officer and Member of Investment Committee
Age: 66
Age: 77
Chief Financial Officer and Principal
Senior Principal and General Counsel
Senior Vice President, Counsel, and Chief Compliance Officer
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2014.

Stone Point Capital LLC Key Developments

StoneRiver RegEd May Be Sold

StoneRiver RegEd, Inc. which is a subsidiary of StoneRiver Group, L.P. may be sold in an auction. Private equity firms are expected to bid for RegEd, as well as strategics such as Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR), Vertafore, Inc. and Reed Elsevier. Stone Point Capital LLC has hired SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Inc. to advise on the auction according to sources.

Stone Point Capital LLC Presents at Speciality Finance Summit 2014, Jan-15-2014

Stone Point Capital LLC Presents at Speciality Finance Summit 2014, Jan-15-2014 . Venue: Helmsley Park Lane Hotel, 36 Central Park South, New York, New York, United States. Speakers: Nicolas D. Zerbib, Senior Principal.

XL Group plc and Stone Point Capital LLC Form New Company Focused on Reinsurance Capital Markets Products

XL Group plc and Stone Point Capital LLC announced the formation of a new Bermuda-based company to act as an investment manager in insurance-linked securities (ILS) and other reinsurance capital markets products. XL has a 75% ownership stake in the company and funds managed by Stone Point have the remaining 25% ownership. When operations are fully commenced, the focus of the company will be on ILS and index-linked products as well as on XL-designed reinsurance products. The parties intend to invest up to an aggregate of $135 million in funds to be formed, alongside potential third party investors. The new company will offer investors unique access to both reinsurance capital markets products as well as more traditional reinsurance opportunities, including certain risks currently written by XL. Investors will also benefit from XL's underwriting excellence, strong enterprise risk management, analytical strength and respected insight in the reinsurance market.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
MSF Enterprises, LLC United States
Mallory Jones Lynch Flynn & Associates, Inc. United States
Kaupthing New York Inc. United States
Investors Capital Trust I United States
Momentum Equity Group, LLC United States

Recent Private Companies Transactions

May 12, 2015
PartnerRe Ltd.
Private Placement
April 22, 2015
Preston Hollow Capital
April 14, 2015
PartnerRe Ltd.

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Rush University United States
Greater Houston Partnership United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact Stone Point Capital LLC, please visit Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at