Banco BMG S.A. provides credit cards, financing, and investment services for individuals and businesses primarily in Brazil. It accepts various deposit products, such as demand, interbank, and time deposits; and investment and insurance solutions. The company also offers commercial loans to small-and medium-sized companies, including suppliers and service providers, as well as to public sector; and other types of consumer loans and paycheck deductible loans to public and private sector employees and retirees. The company was formerly known as BMG Financeira S.A. - Crédito, Financiamento e Investimento and changed its name to Banco BMG S.A. in April 1989. Banco BMG S.A. was founded in 1930 an...
Alameda Santos, 2335
São Paulo, SP 01419-002
Founded in 1930
BTG Pactual's Sale Of Banco Pan Shares Reportedly Moving Forward
Jan 4 16
Negotiations for the sale of BTG Pactual Group (BOVESPA:BBTG11)'s share in Banco Pan S.A. (BOVESPA:BPAN4) to Banco BMG S.A. have moved forward in recent weeks. If an agreement is reached, an announcement will be made by the beginning of February 2016, reported Valor Econômico. BTG declined to comment on the matter and a BMG representative could not be located by Valor Econômico. A Chinese institution is also considering purchasing the share in Pan, although there is little interest in the stake on the part of major banks, the report said.
Banco BMG In Talks To Acquire Stake In Banco Pan
Dec 15 15
Banco BMG S.A. is in talks to acquire 51% stake in Banco Pan S.A. (BOVESPA:BPAN4) from BTG Pactual Group (BOVESPA:BBTG11). Banco BMG is negotiating with BTG Pactual to acquire its 51% stake in Banco Pan, local news agency Agencia Estado reported. One of Banco Pan´s businesses that could be of interest to BMG is reportedly payroll credit cards. Caixa Econômica Federal owns the other 49% in Banco Pan and is considered to be the natural buyer for BTG´s stake, but it has no interest in becoming full owner and wants to keep the institution a private one, according to sources. Banco BMG, BTG Pactual and Caixa declined to comment on the information. Banco Pan said it was unaware of such negotiations.
Banco BMG S.A. Reports Consolidated Earnings Results for the Third Quarter and Nine Months Ended September 30, 2015
Nov 17 15
Banco BMG S.A. reported consolidated earnings results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2015. For the quarter, the company reported ROAA of 0.3% against 1.9% a year ago. ROAE was 1.4% against 13.0% a year ago. Income from financial intermediation was BRL 683 million against BRL 834 million a year ago. Net income was BRL 11 million against BRL 95 million a year ago.
For the nine months, the company reported income from financial intermediation of BRL 1,741,185,000 against BRL 2,516,175,000 a year ago. Operating profit was BRL 26,473,000 against BRL 279,343,000 a year ago. Profit before taxes and profit sharing was BRL 27,233,000 against BRL 298,522,000 a year ago. Net income was BRL 102,613,000 against BRL 239,108,000 a year ago. ROAA was 0.8% against 1.4% a year ago. ROAE was 4.4% against 10.7% a year ago.