March 03, 2015 11:13 AM ET

Banks

Company Overview of Meezan Bank Limited

Company Overview

Meezan Bank Limited, an Islamic bank, provides personal and business banking services. Its Corporate Finance segment provides investment banking, syndications, IPO related services, secondary private placements, underwriting, and securitization services. The company’s Trading and Sales segment is involved in equity, foreign exchanges, and commodities, as well as securities and placements activities. Its Retail Banking segment offers retail financings, deposits, and banking services to retail customers, and small and medium enterprises. The company’s Corporate and Commercial Banking segment provides project finance, export finance, trade finance, Ijarah, guarantees, and bills of exchange rela...

Meezan House

C-25 Estate Avenue

SITE

Karachi,  

Pakistan

Founded in 1997

Phone:

92 21 3810 3500

Fax:

92 21 3640 6049

Key Executives for Meezan Bank Limited

Meezan Bank Limited does not have any Key Executives recorded.

Meezan Bank Limited Key Developments

Meezan Bank Limited Recommends Final Cash Dividend for the Year 2014; Announces Earnings Results for the Year Ended December 31, 2014

The Board of Meezan Bank Limited recommended distribution of 12.5% final cash dividend for the year 2014. This declaration, together with the earlier cash dividend of 15% paid in 2014, brings the total payout for the year to 27.5% and maintains the Bank's unbroken payout record since its date of listing on the Stock Exchange. The company announced earnings results for the year ended December 31, 2014. For the period, the company reported profit earned on financings, investments and placements of PKR 28,803,059,000 against PKR 23,171,018,000 a year ago. Profit before taxation was PKR 6,898,534,000 against PKR 5,646,664,000 a year ago. Profit before taxation was PKR 4,570,086,000 against PKR 3,956,776,000 a year ago. Basic and diluted per share was PKR 4.56 against PKR 3.95 a year ago.

Meezan Bank Limited to Report Fiscal Year 2014 Results on Feb 18, 2015

Meezan Bank Limited announced that they will report fiscal year 2014 results on Feb 18, 2015

Meezan Bank Limited, Board Meeting, Feb 18, 2015

Meezan Bank Limited, Board Meeting, Feb 18, 2015., at 10:30 Pakistan Standard Time. Agenda: To consider and approve the audited accounts of the bank for the year ended Dec. 31, 2014.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
Burj Bank Limited Middle East/Africa
SME Bank Ltd. Middle East/Africa
Habib Group Middle East/Africa
KASB Group Middle East/Africa
Rozgar Microfinance Bank Limited Middle East/Africa

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Type
Date
Target
Merger/Acquisition
May 9, 2014
HSBC Pakistan Ltd.
 

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Rush University United States
Greater Houston Partnership United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact Meezan Bank Limited, please visit www.meezanbank.com. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.