Bloomberg Anywhere Remote Login Bloomberg Terminal Demo Request


Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.


Financial Products

Enterprise Products


Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000


Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us

November 28, 2015 10:34 PM ET

Internet and Catalog Retail

Company Overview of Swell, Inc.

Company Overview

Swell, Inc. offers online retail services for surf clothing, gears, and accessories for men and women in the United States and internationally. Its men’s clothing include tees, tanks, shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters, boardshorts, shorts, pants, and jackets; footwear, including sandals and shoes; and accessories, such as sunglasses, watches, hats, backpacks and luggage, tech accessories, socks, boxers, wallets, and belts. The company’s women’s clothing include swimwear, dresses, tanks, tops and tees, sweaters, sweatshirts and fleece, skirts, pants, shorts, jackets, denim, and intimates; footwear, such as sandals, heels and wedges, boots, shoes, and slippers; and accessories that include jewelry...

121 Waterworks Way

Suite 100

Irvine, CA 92618

United States

Founded in 1999





Key Executives for Swell, Inc.

Co-Founder and Interim Chief Executive Officer
Age: 55
Age: 66
Co-founder and Senior Vice President of Corporate Development
Chief Financial Officer
Executive Vice President and President of Swell Media
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2015.

Swell, Inc. Key Developments

Billabong Explores Options For Surfstitch And Swell

Billabong International Limited (ASX:BBG) has decided to undertake a strategic review of Surfstitch Pty Ltd. and Swell, Inc. Billabong has appointed Guggenheim Securities, LLC to assist in this review. Billabong owns Swell in 100% and is a 51% shareholder in SurfStitch. The joint venture partners that own the remaining 49% in SurfStitch have appointed JP Morgan Australia Limited to represent their interests in the process. The appointed advisors will evaluate a range of options to maximise the value of these businesses, including consideration of conducting an international sale process.

Billabong Seeks Sale Of Surfstitch And Swell

Billabong International Limited (ASX:BBG) is seeking to sell Surfstitch Pty Ltd. and Swell, Inc. Neil Fiske, Chief Executive Officer of Billabong said that Billabong had decided to undertake a strategic review of SurfStich and Swell with a view to putting them up for sale. The review was part of Billabong's efforts to consolidate its operations to focus on single-brand retailers. He said SurfStich, which operates in Australia and Europe and Swell, which is focused on North America, would be attractive to prospective buyers. "Given the consistent growth and performance of these assets, we believe that there is an opportunity to progress our mono-brand ecommerce strategy and at the same time unlock value for Billabong shareholders,” he added.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region United States
Winning Gifts, Inc. United States
American Blind and Wallpaper Factory, Inc. United States
Barnes & Wagner, LLC United States, Inc. United States

Recent Private Companies Transactions

No transactions available in the past 12 months.

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
Bertelsmann AG Europe
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Rush University United States
Citizens Budget Commission United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Request Profile Update

Only a company representative may request an update for the company profile. Documentation will be required.

To contact Swell, Inc., please visit Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at