Bloomberg Anywhere Login


Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.


Financial Products

Enterprise Products


Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000


Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us

August 01, 2015 12:17 AM ET

Gas Utilities

Company Overview of Gas Malaysia Berhad

Company Overview

Gas Malaysia Berhad markets, distributes, and sells natural gas to the industrial, commercial, and residential sectors in Malaysia. The company also constructs and operates the natural gas distribution system in Peninsular Malaysia. In addition, it sells liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) through a reticulation system; sells and transports compressed natural gas; and holds properties. The company serves customers in the food, beverage and tobacco, rubber, non-metallic minerals, glass, fabricated and basic metal, chemicals, electric and electronics, paper, printing and publishing, textile, and retail industries. As of December 31, 2014, it operated and maintained 2,065 kilometers of gas pipeline a...

No. 5, Jalan Serendah 26/17

Seksyen 26

Peti Surat 7901

Shah Alam,  40732


Founded in 1992

402 Employees


60 3 5192 3000


60 3 5192 6766

Key Executives for Gas Malaysia Berhad

Gas Malaysia Berhad does not have any Key Executives recorded.

Gas Malaysia Berhad Key Developments

Gas Malaysia Bhd Announces Earnings Results for the First Quarter Ended March 31, 2015

Gas Malaysia Bhd announced earnings results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2015. For the quarter, the company’s pre-tax profit fell to MYR 37.837 million for the first quarter ended March 31, 2015 from MYR 56.119 million in the same period last year. Revenue increased to MYR 761.583 million from MYR 580.57 million a year ago. Net profit fell 31.5% to MYR 28.49 million in its first quarter ended March 31, 2015 from MYR 41.61 million a year ago mainly due to tariff revision that resulted in lower gross profit. The company attributed the improved revenue to higher volume of gas sold and the upward revision of natural gas tariff.

Sime Darby Offshore Engineering Sdn. Bhd. (SDOE) to Form Joint Venture with Gas Malaysia Berhad

Sime Darby Offshore Engineering Sdn. Bhd. has signed an agreement to form a joint venture (JV) with Gas Malaysia Sdn Bhd to pursue business opportunities in the Bio-Compressed Natural Gas (Bio-CNG). Both the companies are based in Malaysia. As part the agreement, SDOE will hold a 51% stake, while Gas Malaysia will hold the remaining 49% stake in the JV, Sime Darby Gas Malaysia Bio-CNG Sdn Bhd. The joint venture (JV) will allow SDOE to position it as an integrated engineering service player in the Bio-CNG business.

Gas Malaysia Berhad, Annual General Meeting, May 07, 2015

Gas Malaysia Berhad, Annual General Meeting, May 07, 2015., at 15:00 Singapore Standard Time. Location: Mahkota II, Hotel Istana, 73. Agenda: To consider the audited financial statements for the financial year ended December 31, 2014; to declare a single-tier final dividend for the financial year ended December 31, 2014; to re-elect the directors who are retiring pursuant to article 95(2) of the company's articles of association; to re-appoint Messrs. PricewaterhouseCoopers as auditors of the company for the ensuing financial year and to authorise the directors to fix their remuneration; and to consider proposed renewal of shareholders' mandate for recurrent related party transactions of a revenue or trading nature with Petroliam Nasional Berhad, Petronas Gas Berhad and Petronas Dagangan Berhad.

Recent Private Companies Transactions

No transactions available in the past 12 months.

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Rush University United States
Greater Houston Partnership United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact Gas Malaysia Berhad, please visit Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at