July 24, 2016 2:36 AM ET

Banks

Company Overview of Banco de Fomento Angola, S.A.

Company Overview

Banco de Fomento Angola, S.A. provides various banking products and services to individual and corporate customers in Angola. It accepts various deposit products, such as current, Bankita, savings, and salary accounts; and offers personal, auto, and housing loans, as well as provides debit, credit, and pre-paid cards. The company also offers payments and collections, short term loans, guarantees, investment products, trade finance, and loan lines, as well as Internet and SMS banking services. As of December 31, 2014, it operated through a network of 154 branches, 7 service points, 9 investment centers, and 16 corporate centers. The company was founded in 1990 and is headquartered in Luanda, ...

Rua Amílcar Cabral, n.º 58

Maianga

Luanda,  

Angola

Founded in 1990

2,610 Employees

Phone:

244 222 638 900

Fax:

244 222 638 911

Key Executives for Banco de Fomento Angola, S.A.

Chairman of Executive Committee and Director
Age: 56
Member of Executive Committee and Director
Age: 48
Member of Executive Committee and Director
Age: 63
Member of Executive Committee and Director
Age: 42
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2016.

Banco de Fomento Angola, S.A. Key Developments

CaixaBank Eyes Stake In Angola

CaixaBank, S.A. is in negotiations to buy a rival Banco de Fomento Angola, S.A. shareholder's 18.6% collapsed.

CaixaBank Reportedly Close To Finalizing Deal To Acquire Stake In BPI

CaixaBank, S.A. (BME:CABK) is close to finalizing a deal to acquire Isabel dos Santos’ stake in Banco BPI, S.A. (ENXTLS:BPI), Reuters reported, citing sources familiar with the situation. According to the report, CaixaBank and the Angolan investor have reached a draft agreement which has not been finalized yet. CaixaBank would purchase an 18.6% shareholding in BPI from Santoro Financial Holdings, SGPS, S.A. CaixaBank holds a 44.1% stake in BPI. As part of the potential deal, Isabel dos Santos would, in turn, acquire a stake in Banco de Fomento Angola, S.A. (BFA) through Unitel International Holdings, B.V. BPI holds a 50.1% controlling interest in BFA, while Unitel International Holdings B.V. owns the remaining 49.9%. According to the draft agreement, Isabel dos Santos would not purchase the entire holding of BPI, but only enough to take control of BFA. CaixaBank had announced on March 16, 2016, that it had not reached a deal with Santoro Finance in response to recent media reports, but added that it was open to discussing a possible agreement.

Banco BPI Rejected Unitel Offer To Acquire Stake In Banco de Fomento

Board of Directors of Banco BPI, S.A. (ENXTLS:BPI) analyzed the proposal presented by Unitel SA for the purchase of shares representing 10% of the share capital and voting rights of Banco de Fomento Angola, SA and decided to decline it.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
Banco Angolano de Investimentos, S.A. Middle East/Africa
Banco Angolano de Negócios e Comércio S.A. Middle East/Africa
Banco BIC, SA Middle East/Africa
Banco Comercial Angolano, S.A.R.L. Middle East/Africa
Banco de Comércio e Indústria SARL Middle East/Africa

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Type
Date
Target
No transactions available in the past 12 months.
 

The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by Capital IQ, a Standard & Poor's company. Bloomberg.com does not create or control the content. For inquiries, please contact Capital IQ directly by clicking here.

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Bloomberg L.P. United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Rush University United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Request Profile Update

Only a company representative may request an update for the company profile. Documentation will be required.

To contact Banco de Fomento Angola, S.A., please visit www.bfa.ao. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.