Last $89.72 USD
Change Today -0.41 / -0.45%
Volume 3.8M
EOG On Other Exchanges
Symbol
Exchange
New York
Berlin
As of 4:15 PM 02/27/15 All times are local (Market data is delayed by at least 15 minutes).

eog resources inc (EOG) Key Developments

EOG Resources Seeks Acquisitions

EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG) is seeking acquisitions. Bill Thomas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, "We will continue to grow our acreage portfolio through leaseholds, farm-in or tactical acquisitions."

EOG Resources, Inc. Reports Earnings Results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year of 2014; Provides Capital Expenditure Guidance for the Year 2015; Announces Impairment Charges for the Fourth Quarter of 2014; Announces Production Results for the Year 2014

EOG Resources reported earnings results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2014. For the quarter, the company reported net income of $0.81 per share, down from $1.06 per share for the same period last year. On a non-GAAP, adjusted net income was $0.79 per share, down from $1 per share for the prior year period. Net operating revenues were $4.65 billion, up from $3.75 billion reported for the same period last year. For the fourth quarter 2014, the company's total exploration and development expenditures were $1.8 billion, excluding acquisitions and asset retirement obligations. In addition, expenditures for gathering systems, processing plants and other property plant and equipment were $140 million. There were $66 million of acquisitions during the quarter. For the full year 2014, the company's total exploration and development expenditures were $7.6 billion, excluding acquisitions and asset retirement obligations. In addition, expenditures for gathering systems, processing plants and other property plant and equipment were $727 million. ROE for the year was 16%. For the full year, capital expenditures excluding acquisitions and asset retirement obligations were $8.3 billion. Total cash flow from operations was $8.6 billion, exceeding total cash expenditures. For the year, the company increased crude oil production by 31%, driven by its top 3 oil plays: the Eagle Ford, Bakken and Delaware Basin. NGL production increased 23%, while natural gas production held flat, yielding total company production growth of 17%. For the year 2015, the company will lower its capital expenditures by 40% from 2014 level to a range of $4.9 billion to $5.1 billion. Due to the reduced capital expenditures and other factors, well completions for the full year will decline by 45% and the midpoint of the crude oil production guidance is essentially flat from last year. The company's total impairments were $536 million for the fourth quarter of 2014.

EOG Resources, Inc. Declares Dividend on Common Stock, Payable on April 30, 2015

The board of directors of EOG Resources, Inc. declared a dividend of $0.1675 per share on the company's common stock, payable on April 30, 2015, to stockholders of record as of April 16, 2015. The indicated annual rate is $0.67 per share.

EOG Resources, Inc., Q4 2014 Earnings Call, Feb 19, 2015

EOG Resources, Inc., Q4 2014 Earnings Call, Feb 19, 2015

EOG Resources, Inc. Presents at Credit Suisse Energy Summit 2015, Feb-25-2015 08:40 AM

EOG Resources, Inc. Presents at Credit Suisse Energy Summit 2015, Feb-25-2015 08:40 AM. Venue: Vail Cascade Resort & Spa, 1300 Westhaven Drive, Vail, Colorado, United States. Speakers: William R. Thomas, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President.

 

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup
Recently Viewed
EOG:US $89.72 USD -0.41

EOG Competitors

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Last Change
BG Group PLC 958.00 GBp -12.00
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd C$36.36 CAD -0.58
Dominion Resources Inc/VA $72.09 USD +0.14
Occidental Petroleum Corp $77.88 USD -0.44
Williams Cos Inc/The $49.04 USD +0.23
View Industry Companies
 

Industry Analysis

EOG

Industry Average

Valuation EOG Industry Range
Price/Earnings 17.0x
Price/Sales 2.9x
Price/Book 2.8x
Price/Cash Flow 6.5x
TEV/Sales 2.5x
 | 

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact EOG RESOURCES INC, please visit . Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.