Republican presidential nominee, who said calling President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton “co-founders” of the terror group was “sarcasm,” was actually “being very serious and he was making a point that needs to be made,” said vice presidential nominee, Mike Pence.
- Obama and Clinton “created the environment where” the group developed, Indiana governor said on “Fox News Sunday”
- “He’s gonna lay out his vision and his strategy” for confronting terror Monday in Ohio: Pence
- On reversing black-listed media: “That’s an ongoing discussion in the campaign”
- Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill, a Clinton supporter, said on same show that Russian President Vladimir Putin’s support of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad created group, also known as ISIS
- “You could say Trump and his friend Putin are the founders of ISIS,” McCaskill says