Republican megadonor Sheldon Adelson “is leaning increasingly toward supporting” GOP presidential candidate Marco Rubio, Politico reports, citing people close to casino magnate.
- The people say Adelson has not made final decision: Politico
- Formal endorsement may come by end of Oct.
- Adelson, Rubio spokesmen decline to comment to Politico
- Rubio rival Donald Trump tweets, “Sheldon Adelson is looking to give big dollars to Rubio because he feels he can mold him into his perfect little puppet. I agree!”
- NOTE: Billionaire Trump is largely self-funding campaign, has escalated attacks on Rubio in recent weeks
- See related stories:
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE