One more reason we should be proud of this country’’ is because “we take risks” in developing our shale plays, Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush says at speech outlining his domestic energy proposal at Rice Energy in Canonsburg, Pa.
- “This is not the only place with shale plays,” Bush says, “where else, other than the United States has it worked?”
- Says countries such as Argentina, the United Kingdom, others have big shale reserves but haven’t developed it
- “It’s uniquely American to have trial and error”
- Bush adds that property owners in America own subsurface rights is uniquely American
- NOTE: Environmental groups say Bush’s proposal ignores threat of climate change, health risks associated with fracking emissions
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE