“There are few people anywhere that would have known those names,” Donald Trump says of radio interview with Hugh Hewitt.
- NOTE: In an Sept. 3 interview with Hewitt, a moderator of tonight’s debate, Trump tripped up on several foreign policy questions and couldn’t identify several Middle Eastern leaders
- “We had a legitimate misunderstanding in terms of his pronunciation of a word”
- Trump says he will have “the finest team that anybody’s put together” for foreign policy
- Trump references Hewitt comments that Trump is “best interview in America”
- Marco Rubio says “this is an important question” of Trump not recognizing Middle Eastern names
- Next president “better be someone” who understands these issues
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE