“I’m skeptical of the decisions that the left wants us to make” to battle climate change and whether such moves would have an impact on sea level rise or drought, Sen. Marco Rubio says at CNN’s Republican presidential debate.
- Florida senator says Republicans reject policies such as EPA’s Clean Power Plan because “we are not going to destroy our economy the way the left-wing wants to do”
- “We are not even the largest carbon producer anymore,” Rubio says, “China is”
- Chris Christie says “I don’t think Senator Rubio is a skeptic of climate change” but he is more a skeptic of the plans to address it; “I agree”
- “Massive” govt intervention isn’t needed in order to reach state climate goals, says his home state of New Jersey gets 53% of electricity from nuclear, which “needs to be on the table in a big way”
- “We shouldn’t be destroying our economy in order to chase some wild left-wing idea”
- Scott Walker says Obama’s climate plans unfairly target thousands of manufacturing jobs in his state of Wisconsin
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE