Billionaire Donald Trump has increased his backing since last month’s debate of Republican presidential contenders, with Ben Carson moving into second, a Monmouth University nationwide poll of GOP voters show.
- The poll “speaks volumes to the low regard GOP voters have for the establishment,” said Patrick Murray, director of the independent Monmouth University Polling Institute
- Trump leads large pack of contenders with 30%, up 4 pts from before Aug. 6 debate; Carson at 18%, up by 13 pts
- Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz tied for third with 8%; Marco Rubio at 5%; Carly Fiorina and Mike Huckabee at 4%;Scott Walker at 3%
- Rand Paul, Chris Christie, John Kasich at 2%
- Poll surveyed 366 registered voters who identify as Republican or lean toward GOP from Aug. 31-Sept. 2; margin of error +5.1ppts
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE