“It is conceivable” that AFL-CIO could endorse a 2016 presidential candidate before New Hampshire, Iowa primaries; “that could happen,” president of the labor organization Richard Trumka says at Christian Science Monitor breakfast.
- On reports Vice President Joe Biden is considering a presidential bid: “I don’t know whether he would run or not, but he has been a good friend and he has been a champion of working people”
- “The next phase of his illustrious career in public service is a decision for him and for his family”
- Trumka says Hillary Clinton “would make a great president” and “she really has to figure out a way to energize workers”
- Clinton needs “to come up with a narrative” that she belives in and is willing to stand for; Trumka says if Clinton fails to do so “she could catch fire too”
- “Because she is a woman,” Trumka says, “Clinton has to do A+ work to get a C”
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE