China has “subsidized exports, devalued currency, restricted imports and stolen technology on a massive scale,” Marco Rubio says in foreign policy speech in S.C.
- “In short, China is doing everything it can to make the 21st century a Chinese century”
- Says wouldn’t respond through “aggressive retaliation” but “by reinforcing our insistence on free markets and free trade”
- Says would move forward with Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Would “fortify our cyber defenses"; ‘‘identify and punish’’ Chinese nationals engaged in commercial espionage; impose sanctions on Chinese cos. that profit from intellectual property theft
- Says would invite Chinese dissidents as guests to inauguration; pledges to ‘‘personally engage’’ with students in Hong Kong, ‘‘persecuted Tibetan monks and nuns”
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE