“I don’t trust President Obama with our records. I know you gave him a big hug, if you want to give him a big hug again go ahead,” Sen. Rand Paul tells former N.J. Gov. Chris Christie at Fox News Republican presidential debate in Cleveland.
- Christie attacks Paul for holding up recent bill that revamped NSA data collection; says he’s only person on stage who’s actually filed applications under Patriot Act and ‘prosecuted and investigated and jailed terrorists’’
- Paul: “We need to collect more records from terrorists, less” from average citizens
- Christie calls that “ridiculous answer”
- Says Paul sits in subcmte “blowing hot air” on issue
- Earlier: Paul, Delaying Passage, Says He Can’t Stop NSA Surveillance Bill
- NOTE: Debate includes the 10 top GOP candidates based on recent polling; earlier, the 7 lowest-ranked contenders squared off
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE