State Dept hasn’t seen e-mails the Office of the Inspector General says should have been handled at secret level, State Dept spokesman Mark Toner says at daily briefing in Washington.
- “None of the information in e-mails sent at the time was classified at the time,” Toner says
- “There’s not a lot I can say” about the e-mails
- “We don’t have any kind of purview over them or authority over them” because they fall under purview of State IG
- Toner says it’s his understanding that State’s IG didn’t request Justice Dept begin an inquiry into the matter
- “My understanding is that it was the ICIG,” Toner says, referring to the Intelligence Community Inspector General
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE