NEW YORK — As investors watch the European sovereign debt crisis threaten the future of a single currency, Bloomberg LINK will convene government officials, top economists and influential investors to discuss the outlook for the continent at the Bloomberg European Debt Conference.
The conference, to be held on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at the Rubin Museum of Art in New York City, will look at emergency bailouts, the political schisms that they have exposed within the E.U. and how investors should position themselves in light of these issues. In particular, on-stage interviews conducted by Bloomberg journalists before an audience of investors will focus on the return of bond vigilantes; the future for economies such as Spain, Italy and Portugal; the threat of contagion and the potential for a break-up of the European Union.
“The livelihoods of many investors depend upon understanding the issues surrounding Europe’s sovereign debt crisis and the future of the Euro,” said Robert Bierman, head of Bloomberg LINK. “Participants will network with and hear from influential public sector officials, framers of the European Union and investors whose perspective will be of immediate value to all present.”
To debate these topics, Bloomberg will convene more than 30 experts on the crisis, including:
- Joerg Asmussen, State Secretary and Deputy Finance Minister, Federal Ministry of Finance, Germany
- Carlos Costa Pina, Secretary of State for Treasury and Finance, Portugal
- Didier Reynders, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance, Belgium - Robert A. Mundell, Laureate, 1999 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics
- Niels Christoffer Thygesen, Professor Emeritus, University of Copenhagen
- Julian Callow, Chief European Economist, Barclays Capital
- Richard Clarida, Global Strategic Adviser, PIMCO
- Brett Hammond, Chief Investment Strategist, TIAA-CREF Asset Management
- Jack Malvey, Former Chief Global Fixed-Income Strategist, Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.
- Gilles Moec, Co-Head of European Economic Research, Deutsche Bank
For more information on the program and speakers, please visit: http://www.BloombergLINK.com/debt-crisis
For more information on Bloomberg, please visit http://www.bloomberg.com/about.
About Bloomberg LINK
Bringing the power of Bloomberg to the executive conference business, Bloomberg LINK produces invitation-only, in-person gatherings that combine world-class editorial programming with peer-to-peer networking amongst the who’s who in influential communities. In this environment, participants engage in open discussions that lead to learning from each other’s expertise and experience. For more information, please visit www.bloomberglink.com.
Bloomberg is the world’s most trusted source of information for financial professionals and businesses. Bloomberg combines innovative technology with unmatched analytics, data, news, and display and distribution capabilities, to deliver critical information via the Bloomberg Professional service and multimedia platforms. Bloomberg’s media properties span television, radio, digital and print, making up one of the world’s largest news organizations with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries.
Contact for Bloomberg:
Angela Martin, +1 212-617-1211, email@example.com