Dodig Promoted at CIBC, Kwong Joins Credit Suisse, Vlaad Says
Kevin Li, head of Canadian investment banking at Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, was promoted to lead its European business, according to Vlaad & Co., a Toronto-based financial-services recruiting firm.
Other moves in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:
* Ed Dodig, head of CIBC World Markets’ Europe and Asia divisions, moved to Toronto to lead the bank’s new financial solutions group in capital markets trading. Wayne Lee, senior vice-president and chief financial officer of the wholesale banking unit, replaces Dodig.
* Romit Malhotra joined Deloitte LLP as an executive director of capital advisory. He was most recently a director at Crosbie & Co.
* Tomas Kwong left Deloitte for Credit Suisse Group AG’s investment banking team in Toronto.
* Laurenn Russell joined Vancouver-based Teck Resources Ltd. as an exploration business analyst. Russell was most recently with Dundee Capital Markets Inc.
* Forest products analyst Stephen Atkinson joined Dundee from Bank of Montreal.
* Director Eric Poupart left Bank of Nova Scotia’s risk solutions group to join National Bank of Canada as a managing director in the risk management solutions group.
* GMP Securities LP hired former Macquarie Group Ltd. pipelines analyst Robert Catellier.
* Todd Pigott left Macquarie to join Sterne Agee & Leach Inc. in New York as senior vice-president, equity sales.
* Mike Burnett moved from Birch Hill Equity Partners Management Inc. to Canada Pension Plan Investment Board as a senior analyst of relationship investments.
* David Caputo left Royal Bank of Canada (RY)’s leveraged finance division to start a private investment fund called Rift Valley Equity Partners LLC.
* Andy Wang joined CIBC’s mergers and acquisitions team as an analyst, having most recently worked with the private capital unit of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan.
To contact the reporter on this story: Katia Dmitrieva in Toronto at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story: David Scanlan at email@example.com