Ritholtz's 10 Weekend Reads: The Perfect Veggie and Jeopardy!
Good Saturday morning. Pour yourself a strong cup of joe, settle down into your favorite chair, and enjoy these longer-form weekend reads:
• Secrets of the Brain (National Geographic)
• Forget GMO, Monsanto Is Going Organic in a Quest for the Perfect Veggie (Wired)
• 'It Was Just the Dumbest Luck’ -- Facebook’s First Employees Look Back (Mashable)
• How Music Hijacks Our Perception of Time (Nautilus)
• Confessions of a TSA Agent: Dear America, I Saw You Naked (Politico)
• Silicon Valley: It Doesn’t Have To Be This Way (TechCrunch) see also Too Many Sorry Excuses for Apology (DealBook)
• How Jenna Lyons Transformed J.Crew Into A Cult Brand (FastCo)
• In Conversation: Saturday Night Live’s Lorne Michaels (Vulture)
• Our Interview With Jeopardy! Champion Arthur Chu (Mental Floss) see also Jeopardy’s New Game-Theory Devotee Is One to Keep an Eye On (The Wire)
• The Woody Allen Allegations: Not So Fast (Daily Beast)
What else do you have planned for the weekend?
Speed Traders Get an Edge, Paying For Direct Access to News
[imgviz url:http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304450904579367050946606562?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702304450904579367050946606562.html&cb=logged0.9858189378865063 image_id:iBYs.vrojM8k type:image]
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at email@example.com.