Moore Joins RBC; GMP Capital Promotes Overstrom, Vlaad Says
Greg Moore joined Royal Bank of Canada (RY)’s capital markets unit as a senior currency strategist from Toronto-Dominion Bank, according to Vlaad & Co., a Toronto-based financial services recruiting firm.
Other moves noted in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:
* Larry Strong left the Bank of Nova Scotia in Calgary to join Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS) as a vice president of investment banking.
* GMP Capital Inc. promoted Kevin Overstrom and Wade Felesky to become co-heads of energy, replacing Dan Tsubouchi, who left last year.
* Beacon Securities Ltd. picked up special situations and technology analyst Vahan Ajamian from Toronto-Dominion.
* Bader Elkhatib left Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce for an investment analyst role at Tricon Capital Group Inc.
* CIBC’s Harry MacInnis joined Credit Suisse’s healthcare investment banking group as an analyst.
* Ian Gutwinski joined Onex Corp. as an analyst from CIBC.
* David Montreuil joined Bank of Montreal (BMO) as an associate portfolio manager. He previously worked with several hedge funds including Sprott Asset Management LP.
* Royal Bank’s capital markets unit hired real estate analyst Michael Smith from Macquarie Group Ltd.
* Raymond James Financial Inc. hired Brian Martin for its equity research team in Vancouver.
* Craig Thompson left National Bank of Canada where he was working as an associate analyst of metals and mining institutional equity research, for an investment adviser role at Royal Bank.
* Sun Life Financial Inc. hired Usman Bajwa as an associate director of private fixed income. He was previously an M&A associate at BMO Capital Markets.
To contact the reporter on this story: Katia Dmitrieva in Toronto at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story: David Scanlan at email@example.com