Jack Lew's New Signature: Market Mover?
BREAKING: U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew has a new official signature.
The U.S. Treasury tweeted today at 2 p.m.:
Lew had promised President Barack Obama he would update his swirling "loop-de-Lew," "in order not to debase our currency." So, good for him: He listened to criticism and tried to change for the better. But judging by the reaction on Twitter, his new scribble isn't up to snuff.
In honor of the nine curly cues of his old signature, here are the nine best Twitter reactions to his new Hancock:
1. Dashiell Bennet
2. Kevin Roose, New York Magazine
3. Ruby Cramer, Buzzfeed
4. Roni Weiss
5. Matt O'Brien, the Atlantic
6. Walter Hickey, Business Insider
7. Brian Hershberg, Wall Street Journal
8. Justin Wolfers, Bloomberg View
9. Brian Fung, National Journal
Here's the link to that last one.
(Kirsten Salyer is social media editor for Bloomberg View. Follow her on Twitter.)