Mexico May Get Spot Peru LNG as Ship Arrives at Manzanillo
Mexico may receive a spot cargo of liquefied natural gas from Peru today, according to ship- tracking data.
The Ribera Del Duero Knutsen, with a capacity of 173,400 cubic meters, is scheduled to arrive at Manzanillo LNG terminal on Mexico’s west coast, according to ship transmissions captured by IHS Inc. (IHS) on Bloomberg. The tanker sailed from Peru LNG’s terminal at Pampa Melchorita, where it loaded its cargo and departed Feb. 15.
Officials from Hunt Oil, the majority shareholder and operator of the South American LNG producer, and Peru LNG didn’t respond to an e-mailed request seeking comment outside office hours.
Manzanillo, with a capacity of 3.8 million tons a year, started operations in May 2012. Korea Gas Corp. (036460), the world’s biggest LNG buyer, owns 25 percent of the terminal and Mitsui & Co. and Samsung C&T (000830) split the remaining 75 percent, according to a statement from the South Korean builder’s website.
Mitsui Trading and Samsung C&T officials did not respond to e-mails seeking comment.
Mexico doesn’t have any term LNG supply contracts with Peru, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
To contact the reporter on this story: Chou Hui Hong in Singapore at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Alexander Kwiatkowski at email@example.com