BG, Petrobras Return Oil Block in Brazil Santos Basin
The two companies didn’t find “commercial quantities” of crude after drilling two wells in the BM-S-52 block in the off- shore Santos basin, BG said.
BG held 40 percent of the block and was the operator, while Petrobras held the remaining 60 percent. The BG statement was released following a report by Upstream saying the Brazilian regulator canceled the companies’ license to operate the block.
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Carlos Caminada at firstname.lastname@example.org