Cemig, Light to Acquire 9.77% of Brazil Belo Monte Dam
(Corrects to show acquisition has not been completed.)
Cia. Energetica de Minas Gerais and its unit, Light SA (LIGT3), said they agreed to pay 118.7 million reais to acquire a 9.77 percent stake in Norte Energia SA, which holds the concession for Brazil’s Belo Monte dam project.
The acquisition will be made through Amazonia Energia Participacoes SA, of which Cemig holds 74.5 percent and Light the remaining 25.5 percent, the companies said in a regulatory filing.
To contact the reporter on this story: Karen Eeuwens in London at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story: James Kraus at email@example.com