Germany's Nordex Raises 2015 Sales Outlook as Wind Orders Surge

  • Turbine maker raises target for second time this year
  • Third-quarter sales rise more than 50% from a year ago

Germany’s biggest wind turbine maker Nordex SE raised its 2015 sales forecast for the second time this year after orders for onshore projects surged in the third quarter, led by Europe and South Africa.

Nordex, which makes onshore turbines only, raised its sales target to as much as 2.4 billion euros ($2.57 billion), after third-quarter sales jumped over 50 percent from a year earlier to 686 million euros, according to a statement. The Hamburg-based company raised its full-year target in July.

Nordex last month bought Spain’s Acciona SA wind-power business as it seeks to bolster its presence in the Americas and emerging markets. The company’s orders for Europe and South Africa comprised 88 percent of this year’s total, with U.S. orders making up the other 12 percent, the company said. The Acciona purchase awaits antitrust approval.

“We are currently growing more quickly than the wind power industry as a
whole,” Chief Executive Officer Lars Bondo Krogsgaard said in an e-mail.

Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE