Nigeria’s military said it arrested two suspects believed to have been behind a bus station bombing in the northeastern city of Gombe in October last year.
“Two masterminds of last year’s bombing at the Gombe Line Transport Services have been arrested after a shootout with troops in Gombe on Sunday,” Major General Chris Olukolade, a military spokesman, said in an e-mailed statement on Tuesday. “One of them sustained serious injuries during the encounter. He is being treated at a military medical centre.”
At least eight people were killed and 46 people were injured in the explosion at a crowded bus park in Gombe on Oct. 31, according to the state government.