Board met in extraordinary meeting on Friday.
- Board convinced that tapped phone calls released on YouTube are a “smear campaign orchestrated against the company”
- Co. says audits have shown recordings are an attempt to discredit it
- Board ratified CEO’s role/authority
- Chief Legal Officer Gerardo Fernandez to remain in post; will be isolated from corresponding judicial inquiries
- Judges’ declarations show no payment was made and legal proceedings were contracted to external legal firms: OHL Mexico
- NOTE: May 26, OHL Mexico Executives Discussed Paying Judges, New Video Alleges Link
- OHL Mexico hires law firm of “recognized prestige in Mexico” to carry out investigation on latest leaked phone call
- CEO ordered investigation and legal proceedings against “authors of the campaign” to discredit co.
- Board expressed “absolute confidence” in co.’s top management
- Co. will continue operating w/“zero tolerance” for corruption and will move to terminate employees that violate ethics rules
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE