Iran and China Signed Goods-for-Oil Trade Agreement: Mehr News

Iran receives goods, services as payment for 65% of oil it sells to China, which pays cash for remaining 35%, Mehr news agency reports, citing Asadullah Asgarolladi, head of Iran-China joint chamber of commerce.

  • Report gives no details on signing date or duration of agreement
  • “We have no more money frozen in China,” Asgarolladi says: Mehr
  • NOTE: China is 1 of 6 buyers allowed to import Iranian crude under intl sanctions imposed on Persian Gulf producer over its nuclear program; Iran, world powers in talks to reach nuclear accord by June 30 deadline

Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE