Teck Resources (underperform, PT $11) may choose to issue equity vs draw available credit to protect investment grade rating, given protracted met coal price recovery, BofA analyst Oscar Cabrera writes.
- TCK liquidity remains strong with C$1.4b in cash, C$3.6b in undrawn credit
- Met coal recovery likely to be long-drawn due to “sticky” U.S., new Australian supply
- Dundee said TCK could eventually shut down Coal Mountain ops as it produces lowest quality coal for co.
- NOTE: Yday, Teck to Cut 3Q Output; Implementing Temp. Shutdown in 6 Sites
- Yday, Teck decision shows how bad mkt has gotten, although it signals limited downside ahead: Cowen
- NOTE: May 25, First Quantum reported full exercise of over-allotment of their equity offering, raising total of C$1.44b
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE