India’s economy expanded 7.5% year-on-year in the January-March period, beating an estimated 7.3% increase.
- NOTE: Prior quarter originally reported at 7.5%.
- GDP for the fiscal year ended March 31 +7.3% y/y, Statistics Office says in statement in New Delhi Friday.
- That compares with +7.4% median est. in a Bloomberg survey of 33 economists
- Jan.-March Gross Value Added +6.1% y/y vs +7.0% est.
- NOTE: Mounting Coal Piles Add to Doubts on India Growth Passing China
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE