April 11 (Bloomberg) -- Dave Bustos, Royal Bank of Canada Capital Markets managing director and head of the Vancouver office is now a managing partner at Fort Capital Corp., according to Vlaad and Co., a Toronto-based financial services recruiting firm.
Other moves in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:
* Robert Hickey joined Royal Bank of Canada’s mergers and acquisitions mid-market unit as a managing director and group head from Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce where he was a senior director in investment banking.
* Mike Ackland left an M&A analyst role at CIBC to join the infrastructure group as an associate at Ontario Teachers’ Pension Fund.
* Catherine Gravina is now a vice president and senior electronic sales trader at Royal Bank of Canada in New York. She was previously a liability trader on RBC’s Canadian institutional equity desk.
* David Smith left Timbercreek Asset Management Inc., where he was a senior associate in direct real estate and debt investments, to join Balboa Land Investments Inc.
* Charlene Liaw joined the corporate strategy and planning group at Suncor Energy Inc. from a senior research associate role on the oil and gas equity team at Macquarie Group Ltd.
* Phillipa Flint is now a principal in private debt at the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.
To contact the reporter on this story: Katia Dmitrieva in Toronto at email@example.com
To contact the editors responsible for this story: David Scanlan at firstname.lastname@example.org